Posted to rec.audio.pro
David O'Heare

Default Need help changing WAV info

I'm a moron, and somehow I've got a bunch of WAV files on my Windows XP box
that claim to be 44.1kHz sampled, but are really 48 kHz sampled. This means
that they play back slow and flat.

Can anyone suggest a free (preferably) or cheap means to change the
properties of these files? I DAGS, and came up with a variety of ways to
resample them, but that's not what I'm after.

Fingers crossed....

Dave O'Heare
oheareATmagmaDOTca

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Martin Hruschka

David O'Heare wrote:
I'm a moron, and somehow I've got a bunch of WAV files on my Windows XP box
that claim to be 44.1kHz sampled, but are really 48 kHz sampled. This means
that they play back slow and flat.

Can anyone suggest a free (preferably) or cheap means to change the
properties of these files?

Header-Investigator will do. I've linked it together with other little
helpers he http://www.formant-records.de/sam

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Rail Jon Rogut

Header Investigator is free and available at my web site at the link
below... if you're on Windows.

On a Mac, use SoundHack.

Rail
--
Recording Engineer/Software Developer
Rail Jon Rogut Software

"David O'Heare" wrote in message
I'm a moron, and somehow I've got a bunch of WAV files on my Windows XP
box that claim to be 44.1kHz sampled, but are really 48 kHz sampled. This
means that they play back slow and flat.

Can anyone suggest a free (preferably) or cheap means to change the
properties of these files? I DAGS, and came up with a variety of ways to
resample them, but that's not what I'm after.

Fingers crossed....

Dave O'Heare
oheareATmagmaDOTca

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Steven Payson

Try SSRC - it's free:

http://www.afterdawn.com/software/au...tools/ssrc.cfm

Or Awave Audio - worth the money...

http://www.fmjsoft.com/awaveaudio.html

David O'Heare wrote:
I'm a moron, and somehow I've got a bunch of WAV files on my Windows XP box
that claim to be 44.1kHz sampled, but are really 48 kHz sampled. This means
that they play back slow and flat.

Can anyone suggest a free (preferably) or cheap means to change the
properties of these files? I DAGS, and came up with a variety of ways to
resample them, but that's not what I'm after.

Fingers crossed....

Dave O'Heare
oheareATmagmaDOTca

Posted to rec.audio.pro
David O'Heare

"Rail Jon Rogut" wrote in message
ink.net...
Header Investigator is free and available at my web site at the link
below... if you're on Windows.

Thank you, thank you, thank you.

You have made my life *so* much easier! It works, it does what it says it
does, and it's pretty painless to boot.

Rail Jon, if ever we meet, I owe you a couple beers.

Dave O'Heare
oheareATmagmaDOTca

Posted to rec.audio.pro
David O'Heare

"Martin Hruschka" wrote in message
David O'Heare wrote:
I'm a moron, and somehow I've got a bunch of WAV files on my Windows XP
box
that claim to be 44.1kHz sampled, but are really 48 kHz sampled. This
means
that they play back slow and flat.

Can anyone suggest a free (preferably) or cheap means to change the
properties of these files?

Header-Investigator will do. I've linked it together with other little
helpers he http://www.formant-records.de/sam

Martin, thanks for the tip. Yes, Header-Investigator does what I need, but
your page has a whole bunch of useful stuff on it!

Many thanks, indeed.

Dave, much happier now.

oheareaATmagmaDOTca