Matt

Default Is Pioneers Auto EQ good or useless?

Am looking for a new deck and system, .. this pioneer Auto EQ feature
looks neat ...

Is that a gimmick or realy useful?

What do we think about pioneer decks in general?

Matt

Tony F

I have a P9600MP and I love it. I never used the auto EQ, but from my
understanding it's a fairly novel feature, if not somewhat useful to
identify any serious flaws in your response curve. I'd start by using it in
auto mode to give you an idea where to start and then just tune by ear. My
Eclipse that I used to have had an auto EQ and it worked well when I used it
as I just described above...but ultimately tuning by ear is the only way to
go in my opinion.

Tony

--
2001 Nissan Maxima SE Anniversary Edition
Clarion DRZ9255 Head Unit, Phoenix Gold ZX475ti, ZX450 and ZX500 Amplifiers,

2001 Chevy S10 ZR2
Pioneer DEH-P9600MP Head Unit, Phoenix Gold Ti500.4 Amp, Focal 165HC
Speakers & Image Dynamics ID8 D4 v.3 Sub

Barry & Nikki

Pioneer made a believer out of me about the Auto EQ feature a few years ago
when I purchased their flagship DEH-P900R (still love it and have it
installed in my Trans Am). When first installed the bass from my sub box was
over powering but my factory placed (in the lower corners of the door
panels) mids and tweeters in a 95 convertible Trans am and the two factory
placed speakers in the rear seat pillars could barely be heard. I was ****ed
needless to say after dropping so much money on what was suppose to be an
excellent stereo. Well then I plugged in the microphone and started the Auto
EQ process. When it was finished I turned the stereo on and to my amazed
satisfaction all sound was finally there where I was expecting it to be when
I first hooked everything up. A little fine tuning to get the bass boomin'
when in the custom EQ setting and I was done. Now all I worry about is
"mechanics" disconnecting the battery and having to get everything set up to
my liking again. So with all that said I am amazed and thoroughly pleased
with that Pioneer feature and it works great.

"Matt" wrote in message
ups.com...
Am looking for a new deck and system, .. this pioneer Auto EQ feature
looks neat ...

Is that a gimmick or realy useful?

What do we think about pioneer decks in general?

Matt

JBL/Infinity

I have a JBL P1220D wired to a JBL BP600.1 and even with my Kappa's
powered with a BP 90.2 on the front and back I could not get it to
sound right. Once I hooked up the mic to my DEH-940MP I was made a
believer. It takes all of about 5 minutes.

--
JBL/Infinity
JBL/Infinity's Profile: http://www.caraudioforum.com/vbb3/me...p?userid=36039