Montecore

Default Need someone to host my DIY pages

Hi all -

Long time, no post here. Is DangerDave stil around? And hello to the
DC-area DIY Audio group.. hope you guys are still kicking some SET+horn
butt.

Anyhoo, I am about to close my netaxs account, which has been hosting my
DIY pages - including how to get started with tube DIY, some Dynaco mods
as well as a 5687 asnd a 2A3 roject.

I'd like these pages to get a new home with a kind loving owner, so if
anyone would like to put them up on their site, please let me know via
email at vkalia00 at yahoo dot com.

PLEASE DO NOT EMAIL ME AT THIS ADDRESS - THE EXTRA JUNK I GET HERE IS THE
MAIN REASOPN I AM CLOSING THIS ACCOUNT DOWN

Keep modding,
Vandit

--
Vandit Kalia
this space for rent

Patrick Turner

Montecore wrote:

Hi all -

Long time, no post here. Is DangerDave stil around? And hello to the
DC-area DIY Audio group.. hope you guys are still kicking some SET+horn
butt.

Anyhoo, I am about to close my netaxs account, which has been hosting my
DIY pages - including how to get started with tube DIY, some Dynaco mods
as well as a 5687 asnd a 2A3 roject.

I'd like these pages to get a new home with a kind loving owner, so if
anyone would like to put them up on their site, please let me know via
email at vkalia00 at yahoo dot com.

PLEASE DO NOT EMAIL ME AT THIS ADDRESS - THE EXTRA JUNK I GET HERE IS THE
MAIN REASOPN I AM CLOSING THIS ACCOUNT DOWN

Keep modding,
Vandit

--
Vandit Kalia
this space for rent

You should be able to find an ISP who gives you your net access and email for
a fee,
and also includes for home pages of up to 10 mB for free.

But if you have a .com commercial website, its a gonna cost far more.
Here in Oz a .com address like mine costs usd about $180 to have hosted,
but a couple of ISPs would host me free, but then I'd have to be
, which indicates I am not a commercial operator,
and just a hobbyist. Netspeed is my ISP.
They will host me as turneraudio.com.au for the $180.
I found a guy willing to do it for $70, after shopping around.
Exactly which hard drive in which server in which country my site is actually

held, I don't have a clue, but it seems to stay working.
That is the amazing thing about the web and the hardware, there are billions
of
transistors involved, and they all switch on and off at exactly the right
time.
It costs me $180 per annum plus more to keep my web name registered, so
lots of expense.....

I get about 50 spams a day or more, but I check email 4 times a day,
and delete the crap as i go, and its no trouble to "sweep the leaves away"
from the letterbox to retrieve the mail.
I spend 15 seconds deleting spam, but 3 hrs+ talking to people on the web per
day.

Spam is here to stay because greed is an eternal facet of the human
character.

Patrick Turner.

Alan Douglas

Hi,
Vandit wrote:

Long time, no post here. Is DangerDave stil around? And hello to the
DC-area DIY Audio group.. hope you guys are still kicking some SET+horn
butt.

Dangerdav (Dave Klassen) died a couple of years ago. His cousin or
something posted an explanatory note shortly afterward.

73, Alan

here is how firewire ports fail George Pro Audio 13 September 11th 04 09:11 PM
ASIO host application GDoxta Pro Audio 0 November 12th 03 05:29 AM
The Classic Speaker Pages Forums Thundersmash General 0 November 11th 03 03:59 PM
The Classic Speaker Pages Forums Thundersmash Tech 0 November 11th 03 03:59 PM
web host for tube design manual Marko Vacuum Tubes 0 July 27th 03 11:11 PM