SmilingSinner

Default is this box ok?

very funny is it good for two 10 inch subs?
"Eddie Runner" wrote in message ...
looks like a plain ol box to me....
nothin wrong with it...
Eddie Runner

SmilingSinner wrote:

could someone tell me if this box is ok the guy who's selling it says it was
pro spec'd and made I have very limited knowledge and had gotten the
impression that these should be in the wedge shaped boxes
Thanks
TomTom

The shape of the box has nothing to do with the sound of the subwoofer. It's
all the volume of the enclosure and what type it is
(sealed,ported,bandpass,etc)

"SmilingSinner" wrote in message
could someone tell me if this box is ok the guy who's selling it says it

was
pro spec'd and made I have very limited knowledge and had gotten the
impression that these should be in the wedge shaped boxes
Thanks

---

Sanitarium

Looks adequate for those subs, LJs typically are optimized for small
sealed enclosures.

I agree with Eddie, Shipping costs will be high on an item that
big/heavy

garrett

SmilingSinner wrote:

could someone tell me if this box is ok the guy who's selling it says it was
pro spec'd and made I have very limited knowledge and had gotten the
impression that these should be in the wedge shaped boxes
Thanks

Paul Hanley (was Credere)

Has someone provided definitive results on this? I tend to wonder
about the response time characteristics of a driver relative to the
rear facing pressure of the driver. In a sealed enclosure, there *may*
be somewhat constant box pressure if the sub is very active, however,
there are standing waves (though they may not exist in an enclosure of
relatively small size (less than 1.5ft^3), and the early reflections
of the rear wall of the enclosure. Uniform reflections may be obtained
via a close to perfect box or parallelogram where the rear wall is
completely parallel to the baffle I would assume.

Seriously, anyone ever do a test on this?

Paul Hanley