-E-F-F-E-N-D-I-

Default Buying a new system just want some opinions.

In the process of putting a system in. Here is what I have chosen so far. I
will probably be adding 2 12" subs to it later on. I am asking for anyones
experience with any of these components. I have done a lot of research and
read a lot of reviews on all of this. Im ready to buy, but just want to see
what all you r.a.c. cats got to say.

Rear 6"x9" Panasonic CJ-HH973 4 Way 240W max

Front 7" Components HiFonics HZCX6.2C Zeus Series 6.5" 125w RMS

4 Channel Amp - Lanzar Vibe 425 1000Watt 4 Channel 4x125w RMS @ 4 OHM
*OR* - Lanzar VPro 4100 4 Channel 4x125w RMS @ 4 OHM

All is going into a 89 Corsica I got for $200. (Cant lose on that) I will be
cutting the doorpanels to fit in the components. I also want to know if
anyone has suggesions on how to go about this in the best way.

-E-F-F-E-N-D-I-

Thanks for the tips. I know about installing them properly so I guess I
should have just asked if they will fit in there with power windows. (its an
88 Corsica)

EFFENDI

"Sanitarium" wrote in message
Some good solid component choices IMHO... Now, how good it will sound
depends on your skills as an installer.

Some things off the top of my head:

Use caution cutting the door water guards. Rain water is intended to
drip/flow down through the doors and drain out through the sheetmetal
holes on the bottom. If you can, try and retain as much of the OEM rain
guard components as possible, dont want H20 getting inside the car, or
getting on the speakers. You dont want this to happen to you:

http://images.ofoto.com/photos420/4/...2405_0_ALB.jpg

Use the right tools for the job. A plastic clip puller is a wise
investment IMHO, and will allow removal of the door panel clips without
damage.

While youre at it you might want to dynamat the door sheetmetal. I did
this on my old accord and the difference in road noise was substantial.
IMHO well worth the investment. I used a combination of rubber spray-on
chassis under coat, peel-N-seal roofing asphalt sheet. I Added real
Dynamt to the front foot-wells, and Found the Dynamat to be highly
over-rated $ for $. I would have been perfectly happy using the asphalt
sheet and spray alone. In all I added 15 pounds per door. Use a heat
gun and a roller though and the asphalt sheet will STICK to everything.

Make SURE you fuse all your power cables as close to the battery as
possible, PERIOD.

I used a jigsaw and a fine tooth blade to cut my door sheetmetal. It was
a pain, but well worth the efforts. My old accord is only intended to
have a single 4". I managed to squeeze in a pair of 6.5"s in each
door. Each speaker is screwed securely to the base sheetmetal, not the
press board door panel. Im not finished with the grill covers... So Im
using the ones that came with the speakers for now. Looks like a flea
market (hahaha) but it sounds loud (primary objective on this install,
NOT SQ) and the cones are well protected till I can fabricate cloth
grill covers.

http://images.ofoto.com/photos419/4/...3405_0_ALB.jpg

Thats all I can think of...
Garrett