David Dunford

Default Under The Seat Chevy Install!

I am going to have a shop in town build me a custom box for a 95 Chevy ext. cab
4x4. I am looking for a pair of subs to put in them. I am looking at Momos, MTX
8000s and Memphis subs. I know this is a shallow mount box and i am just lookin
for the sub that fits. I think the box is like around 1.0 cubic feet per
sub....but someone can correct me on that one. THey are going to be powered by
an MTX 6500D so power shouldnt be a problem for any of these subs. Any help
would be nice!
David Dunford
'99 Polaris Scrambler 400
Fender P-bass

John Durbin

You should really look into one of the vehicle-specific boxes for that
application. I was always very happy with the JL Stealthbox in my 94 and
97 trucks, granted it was a small SQ system - with one of our own subs
swapped in - so the single 10" was adequate but MTX and Q-Logic both
make an unloaded dual sub box set-up for that truck I believe.
Downfiring towards the left rear corner as the Stealthbox does is very
effective, at least in the driver's seat.

JD

David Dunford wrote:

I am going to have a shop in town build me a custom box for a 95 Chevy ext. cab
4x4. I am looking for a pair of subs to put in them. I am looking at Momos, MTX
8000s and Memphis subs. I know this is a shallow mount box and i am just lookin
for the sub that fits. I think the box is like around 1.0 cubic feet per
sub....but someone can correct me on that one. THey are going to be powered by
an MTX 6500D so power shouldnt be a problem for any of these subs. Any help
would be nice!
David Dunford
'99 Polaris Scrambler 400
Fender P-bass

new install, small problem ken Car Audio 3 July 14th 03 05:58 AM
Suburban Install Paul Vina Car Audio 0 July 13th 03 06:48 AM
Req: Radio Pinout 2001 Chevy Prizm (Toyota Corolla?) Alan 'A.J.' Franzman Car Audio 3 July 4th 03 06:38 AM
Street Glow Install Prydan2k Car Audio 3 July 3rd 03 07:05 PM
Amp install kit???? [email protected] Car Audio 2 July 3rd 03 07:51 AM