Dan Mills

Default Oscilating volume Ladspa plugin

Ricky W. Hunt wrote:
Here's some that might work (tremolo plugins):

http://www.kvr-vst.com/get.php?mode=...f=0&fe= 0&win
=1&mac=1&osx=1&free=1&com=1&un=1&sf=0&sort=1&rpp=4 5&Submit=Search.
You'd have to have a soundcard and system capable of real-time monitoring
(ASIO or WDM) I believe.

Minor point but these do not look likely to be compatable with the LADSPA
standard? This is a Linux specific audio plugin standard.....

Regards, Dan.
--
And on the evening of the first day, the lord said.... LX1, Go!
And there was light.
reverence

Hey all,
Im a DJ looking towards LADSPA plugins for extra effects and
resources. I am looking for a plugin that takes the master output
volume and fades it up and down akin to a sin wave, in the same way
one might move the volume control up and down. The frequency of the
sin wave can be adjusted.
Is there such a plugin?
If so, how about a square wave (with only Volume 100%, Volume 0%)?

Cheers guys!
Scott Dorsey

reverence wrote:
Im a DJ looking towards LADSPA plugins for extra effects and
resources. I am looking for a plugin that takes the master output
volume and fades it up and down akin to a sin wave, in the same way
one might move the volume control up and down. The frequency of the
sin wave can be adjusted.
Is there such a plugin?
If so, how about a square wave (with only Volume 100%, Volume 0%)?

I don't know, but the traditional way to do this is by singing through
a ceiling fan.

Ricky W. Hunt

om...

http://www.kvr-vst.com/get.php?mode=...&Submit=Search.
You'd have to have a soundcard and system capable of real-time monitoring
(ASIO or WDM) I believe.

philicorda

On Mon, 29 Mar 2004 16:25:29 -0800, reverence wrote:

Hey all,
Im a DJ looking towards LADSPA plugins for extra effects and
resources. I am looking for a plugin that takes the master output
volume and fades it up and down akin to a sin wave, in the same way
one might move the volume control up and down. The frequency of the
sin wave can be adjusted.
Is there such a plugin?
If so, how about a square wave (with only Volume 100%, Volume 0%)?

Cheers guys!

Hiya.
If you want a slow modulation, you need a tremelo plugin..
Get the TAPS plugin collection from here, there is a good one in it.
http://tap-plugins.sourceforge.net/

For a really fast modulation and ring mod effects, get the swh plugins
from here...
http://plugin.org.uk/
and check out the ringmod+lfo plugin.

For weirder stuff or sequenced gating try a modular like ssm.

Ricky W. Hunt

"Dan Mills" wrote in message

Minor point but these do not look likely to be compatable with the LADSPA
standard? This is a Linux specific audio plugin standard.....

I wasn't familiar with the term LADSPA so I just suggested some tremolo
plugins I was aware of.

Ben Bradley

In rec.audio.pro, Les Cargill wrote:

Ben Bradley wrote:

In rec.audio.pro, (Scott Dorsey) wrote:

I don't know, but the traditional way to do this is by singing through
a ceiling fan.

I've heard a few singers who can do tremolo while holding their
pitch steady. I find this quite striking - it's very unusual and
unexpected.

Would Aaaron Neville be an example?

I wasn't thinking of him, but probably so. There's Buffy
Sainte-Marie, singing "Universal Soldier" here (warning, RealAudio):

http://www.creative-native.com/music.html

I heard this singer Ariel do it live at a local Borders, and I
looked around for the guitar amp The second MP3 on this page is a
vocal by her:

http://www.arielrosemusic.com/Recordings.html

I also have the two mp3's (one is a short clip from "Universal
Soldier") mentioned in this short thread on rec.audio.tech from 2001,
subject "Artificial vibrato effect in singing voices in the 70's?" :

http://makeashorterlink.com/?I180234E7

The poster thought it was an effect created in the recording
studio, and he had me convinced of it too.
I didn't connect this with Ariel's singing (I saw her last year)
until I saw this thread and started thinking about it and
investigating. It's certainly an unusual singing effect.

I recall an actual (artficial) tremolo (was it a Leslie?) on a
voice on a bizarre commercial recording... I think it was either
Revolution #9 or something on the Blind Faith album, maybe the end of
"Do what you like."

To the OP: I'm pretty sure this is a learned talent, like most
other aspects of singing, but the instant, short-term solution might
be a "ceiling fan plug-in" or a "guitar amp plug-in."

For those without that talent, this feature can be found on most
guitar amps.

--scott

-----
http://mindspring.com/~benbradley

-----
http://mindspring.com/~benbradley
Ricky W. Hunt

"Ben Bradley" wrote in message
news

I also have the two mp3's (one is a short clip from "Universal
Soldier") mentioned in this short thread on rec.audio.tech from 2001,
subject "Artificial vibrato effect in singing voices in the 70's?" :

http://makeashorterlink.com/?I180234E7

I've heard that all vibrato is "unnatural" (meaning you have to "make"
yourself do it - and some voice coaches even claim it's harmful). I'm mainly
a singer but have NO vibrato in my voice (though I can affect it if I need
to) so I don't know. You'll notice most of the melissma singers have big,
fast, "overt" vibrato. It definitely makes it easier to do melissma if you
practice vibrato. But this may be a case of "which came first: the vibrato
or the melissma?". I love Alison Krauss but her vibrato sounds unreal.
Natural, but unreal (if you get my meaning). I would almost have to say it's
done from "imitation" as the person she grew up worshiping (from what I've
heard, but who is not nearly as famous as Alison) has the EXACT same tone
and vibrato. (Suzanne Cox of the Cox Family). In fact, it's almost
impossible to tell the two singers apart when they sing together. I don't
think there's any way that could be coincidence.

reverence

Cheers philicorda - thats *exactly* the sorta thing I was looking for.
Shame it doesnt have a higher range (up to 20hz max is a bit limiting
perhaps), but its still pretty decent.

Thanks guys.
philicorda

On Wed, 31 Mar 2004 11:24:23 -0800, reverence wrote:

Cheers philicorda - thats *exactly* the sorta thing I was looking for.
Shame it doesnt have a higher range (up to 20hz max is a bit limiting
perhaps), but its still pretty decent.

Thanks guys.

Hiya.
I'm crap at C, but here is a tested version of the tap tremolo that goes
to 50hz. It's pretty easy to change the limits to whatever you want.

www.rocketgoldstar.com/tap/tap_tremolo.c

Just replace the tap_tremolo.c from the "tap plugins collection" with this
one, then make clean, make, and make install.