Peabody

Default Vinyl into Cds

I have embarked on this task. Most of the learning curve has been well
covered, but I can't find a solution to my problem. When playing back a
CD or wav or MP3 through the computer (Audigy Platinum Pro 2 zs) I get
a relly bad sound it is "hollow" and it sounds like to much top end and
no bass.This does not happen all he time. It is beyond my understanding
so Help.
Thanks.
Russ Button

Peabody wrote:
I have embarked on this task. Most of the learning curve has been well
covered, but I can't find a solution to my problem. When playing back a
CD or wav or MP3 through the computer (Audigy Platinum Pro 2 zs) I get
a relly bad sound it is "hollow" and it sounds like to much top end and
no bass.This does not happen all he time. It is beyond my understanding
so Help.
Thanks.

How do you know that the sound alteration you're describing is an
artifact of the recording process? Might it be caused by your playback
through your computer's sound card?

Have you burned any of those wav files to a CD and then played them
back on a regular audio CD player in a stereo system? Or for that
matter, have you taken those files to another computer and tried to
listen to them there?

Russ
Steven Sullivan

Peabody wrote:
I have embarked on this task. Most of the learning curve has been well
covered, but I can't find a solution to my problem. When playing back a
CD or wav or MP3 through the computer (Audigy Platinum Pro 2 zs) I get
a relly bad sound it is "hollow" and it sounds like to much top end and
no bass.This does not happen all he time. It is beyond my understanding
so Help.
Thanks.

Assuming it's not some artifact of your digitization method (you can
check that by playing some of your work burned onto a CD, over a
'regular' stereo system) -- review all the settings of your sound output path
-- what software are you using for playback? Is output set to stereo? Is there
equalizer or DSP software in the path? Are your speakers in phase?

--

-S
It's not my business to do intelligent work. -- D. Rumsfeld, testifying
Stewart Pinkerton

On 4 May 2005 23:17:48 GMT, "Peabody" wrote:

I have embarked on this task. Most of the learning curve has been well
covered, but I can't find a solution to my problem. When playing back a
CD or wav or MP3 through the computer (Audigy Platinum Pro 2 zs) I get
a relly bad sound it is "hollow" and it sounds like to much top end and
no bass.This does not happen all he time. It is beyond my understanding
so Help.

If this is extreme, it sounds like you have not applied the RIAA
de-emphasis curve. This will result in you having roughly 20dB too
much at 20kHz and 20dB too little at 20Hz, relative to 1kHz.

Swap Vinyl Save Cash! swapthing Marketplace 0 March 5th 05 07:11 PM
Timing Michael Mossey High End Audio 58 January 7th 05 08:19 PM
Audio over DVD video? Sean Fulop High End Audio 134 April 12th 04 04:42 PM
CD verses vinyl - help clear dispute WideGlide Pro Audio 188 March 13th 04 09:23 PM
SOTA vinyl mastering Thom Halvorsen High End Audio 26 October 24th 03 12:41 AM