Default combo dvd-video, dvd-audio and sacd changer

i'm looking for a good quality dvd-video, dvd-audio and sacd dvd
changer, preferably a 5 disc variety, but i would entertain a device
with larger storage capabilities. any suggestions? does anyone have a
changer like this currently? who makes it? model number? where can i
find one?

so far i've been able to find single disc players only...

thanks,
slate
Harry Lavo

wrote in message ...
i'm looking for a good quality dvd-video, dvd-audio and sacd dvd
changer, preferably a 5 disc variety, but i would entertain a device
with larger storage capabilities. any suggestions? does anyone have a
changer like this currently? who makes it? model number? where can i
find one?

so far i've been able to find single disc players only...

thanks,
slate

I believe Sony, Onkyo, and Marantz all make them. Suggest you buy the Sound
& Vision Annual Directory at the newstand....there may be more.

Harry Lavo wrote:
wrote in message

i'm looking for a good quality dvd-video, dvd-audio and sacd dvd
changer, preferably a 5 disc variety, but i would entertain a

device
with larger storage capabilities. any suggestions? does anyone

have a
changer like this currently? who makes it? model number? where

can i
find one?

so far i've been able to find single disc players only...

thanks,
slate

I believe Sony, Onkyo, and Marantz all make them. Suggest you buy

the Sound
& Vision Annual Directory at the newstand....there may be more.

He might have a tough time finding that on a newstand at this late
date, and the new one won't be out till fall. I just ran through the
2005 directory, and the only manufacturers with multidisk universal
players were Integra, Onkyo, and Toshiba. (Has Sony ever made a machine
that plays DVD-A?) Model numbers are probably already obsolete. I'd
suggest starting on those manufacturers' Web sites.

bob

i'm looking for a good quality dvd-video, dvd-audio and sacd dvd
changer, preferably a 5 disc variety, but i would entertain a device
with larger storage capabilities. any suggestions? does anyone have

changer like this currently? who makes it? model number? where can

find one?

so far i've been able to find single disc players only...

Crutchfield has two universal changers--a Toshiba on close-out for $100
and an Onkyo for $500.

bob

thanks for the feedback. does anyone here own any of these players?
can you recommend one over the other? based on information at onecall,
the yamaha looks most attractive, as it plays more media types (cdr,
dvd-r, dvd+r/w, etc) than the others. however, i'm a little shy of
yamaha, as my current dvd changer has some problems with stuttering on
home-grown dvds.

is the onkyo worth the extra cost?