Posted to rec.audio.marketplace
radioman390 radioman390 is offline

Default Kenwood ( Trio ) FM Tuner for Japan FM Band

This is a real rarity, not shown on the Tuner Information Center
website, a Trio KT-5007 (Trio is the parent of Kenwood) but it only
covers 88-90 Mhz in the US. Actually it covers the entire Japanese FM
band which is 76-90 MHz.

I bought it because I thought I would either move to the Seattle area,
and I hoped I could DX Japan stations (yes it possible!), or if I
stayed married, I'd continue to live on my hilltop home on the ocean
and DX the Russian stations. Well, here it is ten years and a divorce
later, and I'm living in a valley. Out it goes. If you expect to be
transferred to Japan, you could buy this now, or if you're a Japanese
tuner buff, this might be for you.

It appears to be similar to the Kenwood KT-6005, in that it has the
famous "deviation meter" which can help you determine how much your
favorite public station is compressing its audio. Everything works, and
it sounds good on my semi-local 88.3 jazz station, also 89.9 talk.
Here's a link to the Kenwood part of the TunerInfo website:

http://www.fmtunerinfo.com/kenwood.html

You might also scroll way down to the "T" section to read about three
Trio tuners for Japan. The side panels are real wood, and look good.
Minor knicks the front panel; nothing serious. Oh yes, it covers the AM
band too, and has a fold-out ferrite antenna on the back, or you can
connect an outdoor antenna.

Want $40 + shipping. Paypal