Posted to rec.audio.marketplace
[email protected] unc80@yahoo.com is offline

Default FS: Vintage Sony STR-7800SD Receiver - needs minor repair PICKUP in NC

Vintage Sony STR-7800SD Receiver - needs minor repair

This receiver was Sony's top of the line unit from 1977 - 1983 and
retailed for $700. It is very large and heavy! (maybe 50 lbs). 125
watts/ch rms. This plays clean on both channels and all functions work
but it will need minor repair, beyond my diagnostic ability.

I have cleaned the inside of unit, cleaned all pots for static free,
and cleaned the case and knobs.

Main electrical problem is that when FM Stereo selcted, it seems to
only play in Mono. The Dolby indicator with light but not the Stereo
indicator.

Simple fixes.. it will need 2 new 12V 5W Festoon fuse type dial lamps,
and the dual bass knob is missing the outer silver plastic cap.. it
does work..mainly cosmetic.

The face plate is pretty clean but has a few scratches on top left
corner. The woodgrain vinyl over wood sideplates are in good condition
but the right side has a few chips & nicks.. not that bad and could be
recovered if someone really cared.

One of these receivers recently sold on Ebay for $255.. search item #
230022307028 on Ebay completed auctions. I'll sell this for $75 firm,
cash only. Must be picked up in Chapel Hill, NC.

If someone has the electrical knowledge and diagnostic tools and
ability to fix the FM stereo reception, this would make a great
project. Serious buyers please emmail for pics and a time to see/
pickup.