xy

Default cost of 703/705?

hi guys,

i had a hilarious experience at home depot. I special ordered 10
sheets of 1" thick, 2x4 owens corning 703-705. it was about $50.
that sounded about right to me, because most sheets of 2x4 stuff at
home depot usually costs about $2-5 each sheet.

but when the order came in, they had delivered 10 *boxes* of 25
sheets. 250 sheets! i was wondering why the guy in the back was
taking so long to get one silly box. but he came out with this giant
forklift. i didn't even think it was my order because it looked like
refridgerators stacked upon each other!

home depot was like "well, they already shipped it so if you want it
you can have it". i couldn't in all honesty take all that, so i told
them to try to ship it back to the supplier. but then they called me
two weeks later and they were like "we're wondering when you want to
pick up your order". and then again i was like "i already got my
stuff, that was a mistake, blah blah blah"

it was the classic "Stonehenge" skit in Spinal Tap where they made the
stones 12" instead of 12' tall.

but then i started wondering if 703-705 really is that dirt cheap?
Devo 2

There are 6 -2'X4's in a box of 703. approx $24 a box.
Roger W. Norman

And to give you a similar story which may show why it's more work than
anyone wants to do, I ordered a server version of Notes and one client
software package for review for the Social Security Administration.

I ended up with 26 BOXES of client software and one box of server software.
My UPS guy wasn't pleased, what with 12 steps to come up to our front door.
And my wife wasn't pleased with 27 boxes sitting in her living room. The
short of it is that after a conversation with Lotus, it was cheaper for them
to foist the boxes on me rather than go through the administrative hassle of
recalling the order and re-entering it in inventory after getting UPS to
pick them all up again. I couldn't even pay them to take them away.

Then there's good luck, which is what you ran into because you know there's
a market for 703 on this newsgroup! g Hey, maybe you could even ship it
via Greyhound. Lord knows I did that enough times when it was the cheapest
way to get a package across the states.

--

Roger W. Norman
SirMusic Studio