GeoSynch

Default Warren Zevon RIP

trotsky wrote:

He was the best of the best. The music world will be sorely lacking
without his presence.

"I saw a werewolf drinking a pina colada at Trader Vic's..."

"Send lawyers, guns and money..."

NY Times obit:
http://www.nytimes.com/2003/09/08/ob...partner=GOOGLE

GeoSynch

George M. Middius

StynchBlob tries to pretend he's human.

"I saw a werewolf drinking a pina colada at Trader Vic's..."

You fooled Mr. Z, that's for sure. Or did you tell him the
werewolf getup was a disguise while you were auditioning for the
lead in "The Blob"?

Marc Phillips

Greg said:

He was the best of the best. The music world will be sorely lacking
without his presence.

I just bought the new album, which is a masterpiece, last night. I told my
wife that apparently he was cheating death, because he'd been given "weeks" to
live sometime last year. Sorry I jinxed it for him.

RIP

Boon

trotsky

Marc Phillips wrote:

Greg said:

He was the best of the best. The music world will be sorely lacking
without his presence.

I just bought the new album, which is a masterpiece, last night. I
told my
wife that apparently he was cheating death, because he'd been given
"weeks" to
live sometime last year. Sorry I jinxed it for him.

RIP

I'll never forget the advice he gave to Letterman: "Enjoy every sandwich."

Marc Phillips

Greg said:

Marc Phillips wrote:

Greg said:

He was the best of the best. The music world will be sorely lacking
without his presence.

I just bought the new album, which is a masterpiece, last night. I
told my
wife that apparently he was cheating death, because he'd been given
"weeks" to
live sometime last year. Sorry I jinxed it for him.

RIP

I'll never forget the advice he gave to Letterman: "Enjoy every sandwich."

A great sense of humor, that one. I think I'll look for an "Excitable Boy" on
LP tonight.

Boon

tor b

Tratski said:

I'll never forget the advice he gave to Letterman: "Enjoy every sandwich."

Blimpie said:

blah, blah, blah.......

I thought for sure you were going to say, "Don't worry about it. I do!"
Michael Mckelvy

"GeoSynch" wrote in message
ink.net...
trotsky wrote:

He was the best of the best. The music world will be sorely lacking
without his presence.

"I saw a werewolf drinking a pina colada at Trader Vic's..."

"Send lawyers, guns and money..."

Sweet Home Alabama
Play that dead band's song.

NY Times obit:

http://www.nytimes.com/2003/09/08/ob...partner=GOOGLE

GeoSynch

tor b

Sweet Home Alabama
Play that dead band's song.

Play the DVD. It'll make ya cry.
Nousaine

(tor b) wrote:

Sweet Home Alabama
Play that dead band's song.

Play the DVD. It'll make ya cry.

Hasten Down the Wind, Carmelita, and Mohameds's Radio are most powerful to me
in that mode.

Trevor Wilson

trotsky wrote in message link.net...
He was the best of the best. The music world will be sorely lacking
without his presence.

**You got that right. I'll miss him. His writing was wonderful.

Trevor Wilson

www.rageaudio.com.au
MiNE 109

In article ,
George M. Middius wrote:

Trevor Wilson said:

**You got that right. I'll miss him. His writing was wonderful.

Yes, I'll bet he didn't crib other people's clever phrases.

I don't want to talk about it.

Stephen
Michael Mckelvy

"Nousaine" wrote in message
(tor b) wrote:

Sweet Home Alabama
Play that dead band's song.

Play the DVD. It'll make ya cry.

Hasten Down the Wind, Carmelita, and Mohameds's Radio are most powerful to

me
in that mode.

Have you heard his cover of Dylan's Knockin' On Heaven's Door? Kinda
chilling.

dave weil

On Tue, 09 Sep 2003 21:24:55 GMT, MiNE 109

George M. Middius wrote:

Trevor Wilson said:

**You got that right. I'll miss him. His writing was wonderful.

Yes, I'll bet he didn't crib other people's clever phrases.

I don't want to talk about it.

That's Crazy Horse (Danny Whitten), not Warren Zevon.

Although Everything But The Girl does a great version of it...

Lionel Chapuis

George M. Middius a écrit :

Trevor Wilson said:

**You got that right. I'll miss him. His writing was wonderful.

Yes, I'll bet he didn't crib other people's clever phrases.

I'll never claim that's plagiarism but I'm sure this guy has carefully
listen 50s & early 60s lyrics of a famous french call "Georg Brassens".
His reference to "gibet de Monfaucon", the gorilla escaped from
L.A.'s(?) zoo sound like "déjà vu" for me.

Nothing but an intuition if one is interested perhaps he'd like to
investigate on this way.

Lionel