Arny Krueger

Default SACD Remastering Scam Revealed!

Those of us who have remained skeptical after reading glowing reports of
tremendously improved sound quality due to the wider bandwidth of SACD and
DVD-A can find quite a bit of vindication in this report:

http://world.std.com/~griesngr/intermod.ppt

Basically it shows that SACDs come in two flavors - those with absolutely no
music above 22 KHz (your typical remastered recording) or those with
negligible music above 22 KHz (your typical new recording).

The author of this report is a well-known expert who has been studying the
requirements for more lifelike reproduction of music for decades, and has a
number of successful products to his credit.

I see just another indication of how unreliable the high end establishment
is as a source of information about what actually sounds better.

Arny Krueger

"Arny Krueger" wrote in message

Those of us who have remained skeptical after reading glowing reports
of tremendously improved sound quality due to the wider bandwidth of
SACD and DVD-A can find quite a bit of vindication in this report:

http://world.std.com/~griesngr/intermod.ppt

Basically it shows that SACDs come in two flavors - those with
absolutely no music above 22 KHz (your typical remastered recording)
or those with negligible music above 22 KHz (your typical new
recording).

The author of this report is a well-known expert who has been
studying the requirements for more lifelike reproduction of music for
decades, and has a number of successful products to his credit.

I see just another indication of how unreliable the high end
establishment is as a source of information about what actually
sounds better.

Notice that David Weil our local SACD/DVD-A promoter, has posted replies to
many posts of mine since I put this one up, but not this one.

Must be Kryptonite!

dave weil

On Mon, 8 Sep 2003 10:16:03 -0400, "Arny Krueger"
wrote:

[...]

Incidentally, I've never *promoted* SACD/DVDA. I've never heard either
format.
Arny Krueger

wrote:

[...]

No, must be that I can't read powerpoint documents.

Since obviously you need a clue so badly Weil, let me point out

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...E8E-5513-46C4-
AA4F-058A84A37DF1

dave weil

wrote:

[...]

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...F-058A84A37DF1

Snideness, notwithstanding, thank you.

GeoSynch

dave weil wrote:

No, must be that I can't read powerpoint documents.

Be careful opening any MS Office (Access, Excel, Word & PowerPoint)
or MS Project or MS Visio documents. There's a VBA flaw that can be
exploited with a buffer overflow by a malicious hacker.

Get all the necessary critical patches from this link:
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/tre...n/MS03-037.asp

GeoSynch

Lionel Chapuis

GeoSynch a écrit :

dave weil wrote:

No, must be that I can't read powerpoint documents.

Be careful opening any MS Office (Access, Excel, Word & PowerPoint)
or MS Project or MS Visio documents. There's a VBA flaw that can be
exploited with a buffer overflow by a malicious hacker.

Get all the necessary critical patches from this link:
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/tre...n/MS03-037.asp

GeoSynch

Too late GeoSynch, the virus is already in...
Thanks anyway.

Lionel