George M. Middius

Default Looking back......

RAO has had its share of vicious, snarling ideologues over the years.
Curiously, all of them seem devoted to the anti-choice, digital-only
brigade of losers who feel right at home in the Hive. Also, they are
thoroughly brain-dead when it comes to politics; they seem to love
marching in lockstep with the Righteous Right, as epitomized by Rush
"Big Fat Idiot" Limbaugh, the hate-spewing "Dr. Laura", the venomous,
intolerant fascists on Fox News, etc. In fact, they seem to love being
told what to do and how to react to the world.

Of course they're not unique to RAO -- Usenet in general is full of
them. Is it a coincidence that the ever-increasing pollution of Usenet
has paralleled the burgeoning popularity of "talk radio"?

Anyway, these thoughts were brought to mind by the yammering of two
slovenly lickspittles who have flopped around fishily on RAO of late
-- Mickey McBugEater and StynchBlob for Jesus. They are connected to
past avatars of the same bilious, hate-infused ideology, such as Roger
Wemyss, Pajamaborg, Linty Lince, Pavlovborg, Phoolish Phelps, etc.
Fortunately, most of them have moved on to other groups where their
own kind congregates more freely. I can see why duh-Mikey keeps
hanging around on RAO -- on this group, people actually reply to his
posts. StynchBlob, however, being bulbously outsized and having poor
skin to go with his greasy hair and unwashed clothing, is probably
just too lazy to change his newsgroup subscriptions. The mindless crap
Styncho posts on RAO would be equally at home in a group about
gardening as about politics or religion.

So I guess we'll just have to wait patiently until Bugs and Blob
either drop dead or figure out that they are no more esteemed in the
anonymity of cyberspace than they are in the real world.