Lionel

Default Mini system?

Sang Li a écrit :

Looking for a mini system for a christmas present. CD/radio/speakers
are the requirement, anything else is a bonus. More of a conventional
box shape preferably, but if it looks cool and has flashing lights on
it, that is not necessarily a problem. Budgeting £100 for this.
Basically, is there anything that fits these requirements that doesn't
sound like ****?

--
S i g n a l @ l i n e o n e . n e t

Connecting your walkman to a 2.1 decent system is really better than any
Ghetto-blaster or "Sony" smart looking product.

Lionel

Sang Li a écrit :

Lionel wrote:

Looking for a mini system for a christmas present. CD/radio/speakers
are the requirement, anything else is a bonus. More of a conventional
box shape preferably, but if it looks cool and has flashing lights on
it, that is not necessarily a problem. Budgeting £100 for this.
Basically, is there anything that fits these requirements that doesn't
sound like ****?

Connecting your walkman to a 2.1 decent system is really better than any
Ghetto-blaster or "Sony" smart looking product.

Unfortunately, I am not in the driving seat.

So... I have a Sony CMT-RB5 in the kitchen. It is not very good but it
is not very bad. I spent 150.00 European $ for it.
I dont know if it is still available and I'm a little bit lazy tonight.
I have chose this on without heard it because there isn't any tape
reader (I hate tapes) and because the speakers was more heavy than the
other models or brand.

Lionel

Lionel a écrit :

Sang Li a écrit :

Lionel wrote:

[...]

My english is really leaking tonight, sorry.

Keith G

"Sang Li" wrote in message
Looking for a mini system for a christmas present. CD/radio/speakers
are the requirement, anything else is a bonus. More of a conventional
box shape preferably, but if it looks cool and has flashing lights on
it, that is not necessarily a problem.

:-)

Don't underestimate the 'experience-enhancing' effect of a few well-placed
blue lights - works for Chord Electronics gear..... ;-)

(In fact, difficult to get featured in HiFi+ if you don't have an eery blue
glow somewhere, from what I can see of it!!)

Budgeting £100 for this.
Basically, is there anything that fits these requirements that doesn't
sound like ****?

Hmmm, always makes me smile when I see summat like this.

Why should a mini (or micro) system sound like **** if it is used sensibly -
i.e in a small room like a bedroom or little study or somesuch? Provided
some effort has been made to select best quality for the available budget, I
don't see why a perfectly acceptable sound can't be had. My own experience
of a Sony micro system sometime back was perfectly pleasant (for a short
while....... :-)

In any case, it is usually easy to 'upgrade' the sound by the subsequent
purchase of a pair of cheap but decent speakers like Wharfedale 8.1s, KEF
Cresta 1s, B&W 601s, Tannoy MX1s or similar, when funds allow, although I
suspect it is rarely done in practice......

Anyhoo, Argos are tit-deep in systems such as you seek - see
http://www.argos.co.uk and search on 'micro systems'

Good luck.

Lionel

Sang Li a écrit :
Lionel wrote:

[...]

That's the kind of thing, yeah, but maybe more space age looking.

More like these, but without the homoerotic speakers:

http://www.avland.co.uk/sony/cmtc7nt/index.htm

I chose this one.
You are right the speakers are awful but my opinion must be tempered
because I'm sdaly "classic".

MINe 109

In article ,
Sang Li wrote:

Looking for a mini system for a christmas present. CD/radio/speakers
are the requirement, anything else is a bonus. More of a conventional
box shape preferably, but if it looks cool and has flashing lights on
it, that is not necessarily a problem. Budgeting £100 for this.
Basically, is there anything that fits these requirements that doesn't
sound like ****?

People have been relatively kind to the Denon minis, but I don't if
they're in your budget.

Stephen