Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Tom Orgad

Default Audiophile 2496 Vs. Mia Midi

Hi all,

This is my first posting to this newgroup. I need some advise
regarding sound cards, and this seems to be the place...please forgive
my shortage of proffesional vocabulary, I'm not very familiar with
most terms.

I'm about to buy a computer for music recording purposes, with an
Athlon 2000+ CPU and Gygabyte GA-7VAXP M-Board. My main instrument is
electric guitar, I'm about to use a Digitech "Genesis 1" as a
recording simulator. I'm still not sure which software I will use. My
aim is to apply a recording software (cakewalk, Cubase etc.), some
sort of computer drums and a midi interface in order to record my
compositions (mostly of the Metal-oriented styles).

Now, I have two possible sound cards to pick from: Audiophile 2496 and
Mia Midi. Regardless of the costs, I was hoping any of you can
recommend me which one is preferable, and why.

Thanks!

Tom Orgad

email: