Steve Eddy

Default Followers and feedback

It's my understanding that followers such as emitter followers operate
within what basically amounts to a 100% negative feedback loop and
that paired followers such as the Darlington and Sziklai (CFP) have
the device pairs tied together in what also basically amounts to a
100% negative feedback loop between devices with the pair's output
ultimately being fed back to the input. In other words, the single
device follower utilizes a single negative feedback loop and the
Darlington and Sziklai pairs utilize two negative feedback loops.

I've been told this is incorrect. That a single device follower is an
"open loop" follower without any negative feedback and that a
Darlington pair is simply a pair of open loop followers tied together
such that there is also no negative feedback involved. But that the
Sziklai operates with 100% negative feedback.

I've researched numerous sources and haven't been able to find
anything which confims the latter position. Everything seems to point
to the former.

Am I missing something?

se