Posted to sci.electronics.design,rec.audio.pro
Ben Bradley[_2_] Ben Bradley[_2_] is offline

Default Audiophoolery in Panasonic Electrolytic Capacitor Application Notes

(crossposted to sci.electronics.design and rec.audio.pro)

I was looking through electrolytic capacitors for yet another
bloated-capacitor replacement for PC SMPS repair when I decided to
take a gander at the manufacturer's data (looking for the longest
rated life at the highest temperature so with luck the new ones will
last a few years), as pointed out by Digikey:

http://industrial.panasonic.com/www-...UFC1A222L+7+WW

I saw some interesting-looking titles in the lower-right under
"Aluminum Electrolytic Capacitor Data Files", specifically the
"TECHNICAL GUIDE." Clicking that goes to another webpage with PDF
links:

http://industrial.panasonic.com/www-...BA0000_WW.html

Most notable is Section 7, in the file at tle link below. It all looks
reasonable and objective until it gets to Section 7.2 on audio, which
starts on the third page of the PDF file.

(here's the payload, folks):

http://industrial.panasonic.com/www-...ABA0000TE7.pdf

There are only two pages on audio, but it has the highest density of
undefined/undefinable words I've ever seen in a "real" technical
document. I've never heard of "amount of deta" but I'll guess that
deta is short for detail.

Posted to sci.electronics.design,rec.audio.pro
Jan Panteltje Jan Panteltje is offline

On a sunny day (Tue, 26 May 2009 12:36:11 -0400) it happened Ben Bradley
wrote in
:

http://industrial.panasonic.com/www-...ABA0000TE7.pdf

There are only two pages on audio, but it has the highest density of
undefined/undefinable words I've ever seen in a "real" technical
document. I've never heard of "amount of deta" but I'll guess that
deta is short for detail.

That table SOUNDS like crap to me :-)
Posted to sci.electronics.design,rec.audio.pro
Geoff Geoff is offline

Soundhaspriority wrote:
"Ben Bradley" wrote in message
(crossposted to sci.electronics.design and rec.audio.pro)

I was looking through electrolytic capacitors for yet another
bloated-capacitor replacement for PC SMPS repair when I decided to
take a gander at the manufacturer's data (looking for the longest
rated life at the highest temperature so with luck the new ones will
last a few years), as pointed out by Digikey:

I would look at the new organic electrolytics. These are now showing
up in a wide variety of applications, and are claimed to have
something like 10X the life of a conventional electrolytic, even
under extreme conditions.

Organic caps will sound better on folk music.

geoff

Posted to sci.electronics.design,rec.audio.pro
Eeyore[_2_] Eeyore[_2_] is offline

geoff wrote:

Soundhaspriority wrote:
"Ben Bradley" wrote

(crossposted to sci.electronics.design and rec.audio.pro)

I was looking through electrolytic capacitors for yet another
bloated-capacitor replacement for PC SMPS repair when I decided to
take a gander at the manufacturer's data (looking for the longest
rated life at the highest temperature so with luck the new ones will
last a few years), as pointed out by Digikey:

I would look at the new organic electrolytics. These are now showing
up in a wide variety of applications, and are claimed to have
something like 10X the life of a conventional electrolytic, even
under extreme conditions.

Organic caps will sound better on folk music.

And Georgian Chants.

Graham

Posted to sci.electronics.design,rec.audio.pro
Ray Thomas[_2_] Ray Thomas[_2_] is offline

"Eeyore" wrote in message

geoff wrote:

Soundhaspriority wrote:
"Ben Bradley" wrote

(crossposted to sci.electronics.design and rec.audio.pro)

I was looking through electrolytic capacitors for yet another
bloated-capacitor replacement for PC SMPS repair when I decided to
take a gander at the manufacturer's data (looking for the longest
rated life at the highest temperature so with luck the new ones will
last a few years), as pointed out by Digikey:

I would look at the new organic electrolytics. These are now showing
up in a wide variety of applications, and are claimed to have
something like 10X the life of a conventional electrolytic, even
under extreme conditions.

Organic caps will sound better on folk music.

And Georgian Chants.

Graham

only if they are free range caps tho'.... and not grain fed

Posted to rec.audio.pro

On Wed, 27 May 2009 12:45:55 +1000, Soundhaspriority
wrote:

A new ISP and the beginnings of a sense of humor.
Promising for the rest of us. Good fortune.

Chris Hornbeck
My real name.
Posted to sci.electronics.design,rec.audio.pro
Paul Stamler[_2_] Paul Stamler[_2_] is offline

"Ray Thomas" wrote in message

"Eeyore" wrote in message

geoff wrote:

Soundhaspriority wrote:
"Ben Bradley" wrote

(crossposted to sci.electronics.design and rec.audio.pro)

I was looking through electrolytic capacitors for yet another
bloated-capacitor replacement for PC SMPS repair when I decided to
take a gander at the manufacturer's data (looking for the longest
rated life at the highest temperature so with luck the new ones will
last a few years), as pointed out by Digikey:

I would look at the new organic electrolytics. These are now showing
up in a wide variety of applications, and are claimed to have
something like 10X the life of a conventional electrolytic, even
under extreme conditions.

Organic caps will sound better on folk music.

And Georgian Chants.

Graham

only if they are free range caps tho'.... and not grain fed

They're not as useful as organic transistors.

You can buy them at Hole Foods.

Peace,
Paul

Posted to sci.electronics.design,rec.audio.pro
Robert Baer[_2_] Robert Baer[_2_] is offline

geoff wrote:
Soundhaspriority wrote:

"Ben Bradley" wrote in message
. ..

(crossposted to sci.electronics.design and rec.audio.pro)

I was looking through electrolytic capacitors for yet another
bloated-capacitor replacement for PC SMPS repair when I decided to
take a gander at the manufacturer's data (looking for the longest
rated life at the highest temperature so with luck the new ones will
last a few years), as pointed out by Digikey:

I would look at the new organic electrolytics. These are now showing
up in a wide variety of applications, and are claimed to have
something like 10X the life of a conventional electrolytic, even
under extreme conditions.

Organic caps will sound better on folk music.

geoff

.....*especially* with organic fertilizer...
Posted to sci.electronics.design,rec.audio.pro

Jan Panteltje wrote:

On a sunny day (Tue, 26 May 2009 12:36:11 -0400) it happened Ben Bradley
wrote in
:

http://industrial.panasonic.com/www-...ABA0000TE7.pdf

There are only two pages on audio, but it has the highest density of
undefined/undefinable words I've ever seen in a "real" technical
document. I've never heard of "amount of deta" but I'll guess that
deta is short for detail.

That table SOUNDS like crap to me :-)

That third page (Pg 31) has more BS in it than a herd of 100 bulls.
"Leads affects distortion" is a case in point (of many others).
They forgot glass capacitors give a truly "shattering" performance!
Posted to sci.electronics.design,rec.audio.pro
Gareth Magennis Gareth Magennis is offline

"Paul Stamler" wrote in message
"Ray Thomas" wrote in message

"Eeyore" wrote in message

geoff wrote:

Soundhaspriority wrote:
"Ben Bradley" wrote

[...]

Careful though, some of these suppliers use too much dope.

Posted to sci.electronics.design,rec.audio.pro
Geoff Geoff is offline

Robert Baer wrote:
..
"Leads affects distortion" is a case in point (of many others).

Omit the leads and you hear zero distortion products at all !

geof

Posted to sci.electronics.design,rec.audio.pro
Eeyore[_2_] Eeyore[_2_] is offline

Ben Bradley wrote:

[...]

Total crap, appealing to the dumbness of today's users and designers.

There ARE some aspects of construction that will affect electrolytic cap performance,
notably microphonics ( got hit badly once by purchasing's decisions once on that aspect
) but this smells of nothing but marketing bull****.

Graham

--
due to the hugely increased level of spam please make the obvious adjustment to my email
address

Posted to sci.electronics.design,rec.audio.pro
Eeyore[_2_] Eeyore[_2_] is offline

Soundhaspriority wrote:

"Ben Bradley" wrote

(crossposted to sci.electronics.design and rec.audio.pro)

I was looking through electrolytic capacitors for yet another
bloated-capacitor replacement for PC SMPS repair when I decided to
take a gander at the manufacturer's data (looking for the longest
rated life at the highest temperature so with luck the new ones will
last a few years), as pointed out by Digikey:

I would look at the new organic electrolytics. These are now showing up in a
wide variety of applications, and are claimed to have something like 10% the
life of a conventional electrolytic, even under extreme conditions.

I think you mean 1000%.

Probably a post from the fake 'soundhaspriority'. Did you lose your account with
Buzzard, diddums ?

Graham

Posted to sci.electronics.design,rec.audio.pro
Eeyore[_2_] Eeyore[_2_] is offline

geoff wrote:

Soundhaspriority wrote:
"Ben Bradley" wrote in message

(crossposted to sci.electronics.design and rec.audio.pro)

I was looking through electrolytic capacitors for yet another
bloated-capacitor replacement for PC SMPS repair when I decided to
take a gander at the manufacturer's data (looking for the longest
rated life at the highest temperature so with luck the new ones will
last a few years), as pointed out by Digikey:

I would look at the new organic electrolytics. These are now showing
up in a wide variety of applications, and are claimed to have
something like 10X the life of a conventional electrolytic, even
under extreme conditions.

Organic caps will sound better on folk music.

LMAO ! And 'real ale' will enhance the effect even more. ;~)

Graham

--
due to the hugely increased level of spam please make the obvious
adjustment to my email address

Posted to sci.electronics.design,rec.audio.pro
Frank Stearns Frank Stearns is offline

"Gareth Magennis" writes:

- snips -

only if they are free range caps tho'.... and not grain fed

They're not as useful as organic transistors.

You can buy them at Hole Foods.

Careful though, some of these suppliers use too much dope.

I do believe you're biased.

Frank
Mobile Audio