Mike Rivers

Default Finding A Song On Line

Awright, whatcha gotta do to get one of them legal music downloads?
I'm searching for a song that's on a relatively unavailable CD. I'd be
happy to download an MP3 version for $.99 if I could only find it, so
I went looking.

As far as I can figure out, in order to search the iTunes data base,
you first have to download a program. Same for the Real
whatevertheycallit. Apparently the same for Napster. MP3.com lets me
search, but the song I'm looking for isn't there.

I did a Google search and found it on what I guess is a P2P network.
It says it's a Magnet file. When I went looking to see what the heck
that was, apparently I have to download some software that looks like
a P2P program (there are several that use that format). And I guess
that would be a bootleg download anyway. I've heard enough warning
about those programs so that I don't want to indiscriminantly install
one on my computer. And besides, if I'm going to get a bootleg copy of
a song, I'd just as soon get it from someone I know.

So if anyone has any advice for me, please shoot. And if someone has a
copy of Sherman Linton's song "Santa Got a DWI" and would like to
e-mail it to me at the Yahoo address in my tag line (if you reply to
this address, the message will go in the bit bucket because it's too
large) I'd be thankful.

And, yeah, I need it yesterday, so I can't wait and order the CD from
Amazon. I already tried the local Barnes & Trouble and Tower stores
and they don't have it in stock. It's on the Rhino compilation Bummed
Out Christmas.

--
I'm really Mike Rivers )