Sebastian Becher

Default differnet preamps

Hi group,

I'm going to record a rockband in a very decent studio next weekend.
They have a nice collection of preamps, some of them I've never worked
with before.
Since I don't so much time, I'd appreciate some suggestions on which
pre might work best with which signal. The pres a

- Telefunken V72a
- Telefunken 676a (4 of them)
- Amek 9098
- Custom-built 70ies-neve-clones
- Symetrix 528
- The ones in the board, a recently recapped TS24

For mics, I will use the whole bunch of Neumanns and Gefells they have
there (U67, U77, U87, SM69fet, UM57, MV692 w M70, M93, UM70) and other
pro-studio-standards (c414, SM7, 421, 441, M88, SM57, MBHO...)

Any special ideas?
Style is punkish rock

TIA, Sebastian
Paul Stamler

I second the recommendation to give things some air. I'd reserve the Amek
and Neveclone preamps for drum overheads and kick. and think seriously about
making those the only drum microphones. In that room, you probably can get
away with it, and you'll love the sound.

Peace,
Paul