ReEfErMaDnEsS

Default DO I really need to amp my rear speakers?

I am setting up a nice component set and will bi amp them....either with my
current amps (clarion and alpine 65 WRMS) or another 4 channel amp I have
yet to purchase. My question is whether or not I should amp the rear
speakers. I will be installing a pair of Audiobahn 6x9 coaxials.....is the
stock HU enough power for them or should I really amp them. They are the
removable tweets version....I might not install the tweets in the rear at
all....thoughts on that??

My goal is a simple install and would prefer as few amps as possible. The
less amps the better. The sub is all set and I will likely not change it's
amp.

Most of the 6 channel amps I've found are 50x4 + 100x2......how would I hook
that up. The rears would be over powered in relation to the front and
that's not right....so I just keep the gain down????

So I guess a 4 channel amp and the rears off the HU? Or a 6 channel amp
and the rears turned down....

your thoughts???

Mark Zarella

[...]

If you're going to biamp, you could use the 100x2 for your front woofers,
the 50x2 for the tweeters, and 50x2 for rears.

Mark Zarella

will the extra power to the woofers overshadow or outperform the tweets?

Nope. After all, you do have independent gain adjustments, which is one of
the primary benefits of biamping. But more importantly, tweeters require
much less power than woofers. It won't require more than about 20 watts, so
50 is overkill as it is. Most of the energy content in music is focused in
the low frequencies. In fact, it's been estimated that in "typical" music
(whatever that is), the energy content in the band below 300-400 Hz tends to
be as high as the energy content in the 300-400Hz band. I'd estimate the
half-power mark to be even lower than that in bass-emphasized music.

what about no tweets in the rear....sound funny?/

Nah. It's usually beneficial. You'd be surprised at how high your woofer
will actually play. If you have the tweeters, you could always try it both
ways. In my car, I went without tweeters in the rear.

ReEfErMaDnEsS

hey Mark....your thoughts on this amp???

I would of course amp the way you suggested....which is what I thought but
didn't really know why

"Mark Zarella" wrote in message
news
[...]

Mark Zarella

That would work. It doesn't have the right crossovers though for biamping.
You need 2 bandpass channels for your midbass drivers. Most amps don't have
that. I believe JL does, a/d/s/ does, some Orions do, and I'm not sure if
any others do. You could always go with an external crossover.

The JBL would work, but it's the crossovers that'll trip you up if you don't
go with an external crossover. Also, there's a USAcoustics 6-channel on
ebay right now too, which may be a good alternative.

Here's another one to consider:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...ategory=49 50

Often you can find the a/d/s/ P840 or P850 on ebay too, which will allow you
to bandpass and bridge your midbass channels, highpass your tweets, and
lowpass your rears. So you wouldn't need an external crossover for that.

"ReEfErMaDnEsS" wrote in message
[...]

ReEfErMaDnEsS

thanks I am looking at the US Acoustics....they have a good rep???....the
ADS are real nice but pricey...I guess you get what you pay for.....

I will keep an eye on that ADS amp.....thanks

[...]

Mark Zarella

thanks I am looking at the US Acoustics....they have a good rep???....the
ADS are real nice but pricey...I guess you get what you pay for.....

I will keep an eye on that ADS amp.....thanks

Yeah, USAcoustics has a good reputation. I've owned two of them before and
never had a problem either.

I bought my current a/d/s/ P840 on ebay for just under $200.

Replacing rear speakers in 1994 Cavalier Brett Baisley Car Audio 11 January 24th 04 06:25 PM
Rear Speakers John Car Audio 3 January 1st 04 08:43 AM
Alpine PXA-H700 - Rear speakers & 2Ch audio Computer Prog Car Audio 1 November 1st 03 07:40 AM
Does normal 6x9 speakers fit 96 Toyota Camry rear? SZ Car Audio 0 September 30th 03 05:29 AM
Remote speakers? L-pads? Totally confused! Hogarth General 3 July 3rd 03 02:06 PM