Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.audio.car
Michael Michael is offline

Default Using only midbass for rear speakers

One thing my systems seem to lack is good, punchy midbass. I'm not
really big on sub-bass. I figured that out through trial and error. I
don't like bass that shakes the car. I like the 80Hz - 150Hz kind of
bass. I recently bought a small hatchback, and I'm now in the process
of designing my next system.

Here's what I was thinking about doing:

1 pair of 6.5" components in the front doors
1 pair of 6.5" midbass drivers in the rear seat side panels
1 12" subwoofer in a sealed enclosure in the rear hatch

There will be two amps - I just haven't decided on which ones yet.

Now, I am wondering if having some midbass coming from the rear seat
side panels would affect the overall imaging of the system? I was
thinking about having the rear midbasses only play 80Hz - 200Hz. Would
my midbass improve by doing this?

Need help - what to choose €“ rear speakers MichaÅ‚ Car Audio 0 October 5th 07 09:59 PM
6x9 rear deck speakers Mark Car Audio 3 March 20th 05 06:37 PM
Amp rear speakers or not? zoostation1965 Car Audio 2 April 2nd 04 07:47 AM
DO I really need to amp my rear speakers? ReEfErMaDnEsS Car Audio 7 January 28th 04 09:57 PM
Rear Speakers John Car Audio 3 January 1st 04 08:43 AM