Blind Joni

I'm getting a 43" LCD month..I need to mix from the center of the room and
still see.

Not that's getting up to about the size of my console. I always said
that when I could get a monitor as large as my console, I'd be
comfortable mixing on it.

That's kinda the point..plus everyone in the room can see what's going
on..hoping a little visual reinforcement may help everyone be involved and turn
into LONGER mix sessions...hehe!

John A. Chiara
SOS Recording Studio
Live Sound Inc.
Albany, NY
www.sosrecording.net
518-449-1637

Carey Carlan

Bob Cain wrote in
:

How would you, or anyone, characterize the difference
between LCD and TFT in pretty constant use. I've a 1024x768
15" TFT that I love and am looking at a good deal on a 17"
LCD, a size that I think I could handle at 1280x1024 (at
least for a couple more years) but I'm not sure I'd be as
happy with LCD as I am with the active TFT technology.

I haven't gone searching the specialty markets, but none of the generic
computer retailers near me sell reasonable sized thin monitors with more
than 1024x768 resolution until you get to the ridiculously high priced or
oversized models.

Even 18 and 20 inch (equivalent to 19 & 21 inch CRTs) are 1024x768.

My laptop is a 15" with 1400 x 1024. I can't find anything that good in
the popular consumer market.

Kurt Albershardt

Carey Carlan wrote:
Bob Cain wrote in
:

How would you, or anyone, characterize the difference
between LCD and TFT in pretty constant use. I've a 1024x768
15" TFT that I love and am looking at a good deal on a 17"
LCD, a size that I think I could handle at 1280x1024 (at
least for a couple more years) but I'm not sure I'd be as
happy with LCD as I am with the active TFT technology.

I haven't gone searching the specialty markets, but none of the generic
computer retailers near me sell reasonable sized thin monitors with more
than 1024x768 resolution until you get to the ridiculously high priced or
oversized models.

Even 18 and 20 inch (equivalent to 19 & 21 inch CRTs) are 1024x768.

Most 17" and 18" panels are 1280x1024 native resolution.

My laptop is a 15" with 1400 x 1024. I can't find anything that good in
the popular consumer market.

Strange though it may sound, Dell has higher resolution 17-19" screens at very competetive prices. I found this out shortly after I purchased the 1280x1024 ones ;