Flycaster

Default Sound leak with open headphones?

I am considering getting Stennheiser RS65 open headphones for listening
to TV at night, while in bed. My question is as these are open
headphones, will the assumed sound leak be heard by my wife who is
trying to sleep? It would defeat their purpose if she would hear the
sound and be unable to sleep. Thanks,
Adam

--
To email, erase "forgetit"
Robert Morein

"Flycaster" wrote in message
I am considering getting Stennheiser RS65 open headphones for listening
to TV at night, while in bed. My question is as these are open
headphones, will the assumed sound leak be heard by my wife who is
trying to sleep? It would defeat their purpose if she would hear the
sound and be unable to sleep. Thanks,
Adam

--
To email, erase "forgetit"

Yes, there is significant sound leakage with any open headphones. Don't
choose these.

Flycaster

Robert Morein wrote:

"Flycaster" wrote in message

I am considering getting Stennheiser RS65 open headphones for listening
to TV at night, while in bed. My question is as these are open
headphones, will the assumed sound leak be heard by my wife who is
trying to sleep? It would defeat their purpose if she would hear the
sound and be unable to sleep. Thanks,
Adam

--
To email, erase "forgetit"

Yes, there is significant sound leakage with any open headphones. Don't
choose these.

Thanks, unfortunately, I thought this wold be the case. Any
recommendations for closed wireless headphones that are in the RS65
price range/class?

--
To email, erase "forgetit"

Robert Morein wrote:
"Flycaster" wrote in message
I am considering getting Stennheiser RS65

These are wireless, if I recall correctly?

I don't know if there are any in-ear models that are wireless.

open headphones for listening
to TV at night, while in bed. My question is as these are open
headphones, will the assumed sound leak be heard by my wife who is
trying to sleep?

Yes.

BTW, wearing headphones, I used to watch TV at night in bed while my
spouse slept, but then I realized that she was getting more sleep than
I was, I was losing sleep and not getting enough rest so I was tired
during the day, etc., so I got rid of the TV in the bedroom. You may
find you will also want to get rid of the TV eventually.

I find that if I watch TV in bed, I tend to stay up later and sleep
less. Reading is more relaxing and helps me get sleepy.

It would defeat their purpose if she would hear the
sound and be unable to sleep. Thanks,
Adam

(snip)

Yes, there is significant sound leakage with any open headphones.

Don't
choose these.

Agree.

I suggest closed headphones, or better still, earbuds or something that
will fit in your ear and not disturb your spouse. Or simpler still,
just forget about the TV and go to sleep when she does, so you'll be in
synch with her.