Jorielle

Default newbie asking advice: Jmlab 715, Cambridge A500, D500

Hi,

I am a newbie and I am about to buy an set of hifi system. The local store
offers me a deal:

Jmlab 715 speakers - $550 (on sale)
Cambridge A500 amplifier - $365
Cambridge D500 CD player - $390

tax $78.30, total $1383.30

I live in an apartment and I listen to classical music (mostly operas,
orchestral music, piano) and some jazz. I listened to the system in the
store and it sounded great. Could someone give me a second opinion of this
system before I buy it? The store also carries a few other components that
I can buy in place of the above.

Thanks for any help.

Jorielle
Uptown Audio

We have sold the same components here and can say that it is both a
nice, reasonably priced system and a good deal on warrantied gear. All
of those products offer good "bang for the buck" at full price. The
speakers offer a particularly good value being very well constructed
and of good design. The electronics offer good sound with relatively
average quality build. You might look forward to a very high
resolution system at a nice price.
- Bill
www.uptownaudio.com
Roanoke VA