xargon

Default Marantz PM-17SA

A local audio retailer is selling the Marantz PM-17SA integrated amplifier
for $599 in clearance, as the product has been discontinued. I've done
some research and have not come across anything significantly negative
regarding this unit.

As far as speakers go, I am currently in the process of building my system
and do not have speakers to go with this. So far I've liked the sound of
several Paradigm models (mostly bookshelf speakers, due to space).
However, I also listen a lot with my Grados, and could tell a huge
difference between this amp and others.

Has anyone had experience with this product, and is there anything to
suggest that this is not a good deal? Thanks a lot!
Bruno Putzeys

While the engineers at Marantz are technically inept they do manage to get
their products sounding rather good time and again. So too the PM17.
Especially at a reduced price it's seriously worth your consideration.