Posted to rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.misc

Default ABX is not DBT's Siamese twin

"Clyde Slick" wrote in message

wrote in message
link.net...

Thanks George for admitting you have no purpose on RAO other than to
distort the words of people with whom you don't agree.

Since I do know what a good stereo sounds like having been actively
involved in audio since 1972 and hearing systems from scores of
manufacturers, probably several times more than most people, I have a
very good idea what good stereo sounds like and how to get one.

you mean, you know what sounds good to you.

Both. They're the same. :-)

Posted to rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.misc

"George M. Middius" cmndr [underscore] george [at] comcast [dot] net wrote
in message ...

Clyde Slick said to duh-Mikey:

I have a very godd[sic] idea what good stereo sounds like

you mean, you know what sounds good to you.

I don't believe that's what poor Mickey meant. I believe he meant what he
said. As we all know, he gets his "ideas" from spec sheets, not from
listening.

At least I have ideas about audio, George.

Furthermore, everything sounds the same to him. Also by his own
admission.

Not everything, just the stuff that is has the same sound.

Mikey may get promoted to Major 'Borg if he keeps carrying on like this.

I'll get higher rank and you'll just be rank.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.misc

"Clyde Slick" wrote in message

wrote in message
news

"George Middius" wrote in message

dave weil said:

... I happen to think it's important to actually AUDITION
something before I buy it, or even comment on it to others.

That's fine for you and us other Normals, but Mickey is handicapped by
not being
able to distinguish good sound from bad using only his own brain. That's
why he
has to resort to specs.

More distortions George? Sheesh, I have never said I don't audition
equipment other than CD players. Everything else I hear before I buy.

I find a place that has stuff I'm interested in, I listen to it,
sometimes through my own speakers if it's a place where I've built up a
good rapport with management. Then I get the full set of real world
performance facts about whatever it is I'm considering and when I find
something that can perform to my standards, accuracy with no sonic
signature of its own, then I buy it.

This seems to be a pattern with the 'borgs. Their class envy is
reinforced by
their inability to hear the finer points of audio reproduction. So They
react to
Their own failure by attempting to drag all the Normals down to Their
level of
deafness. Sad, really.

The only pattern is that you and those like you who are afraid of people
finding out how much similarity there is in audio equipment, make a point
ot lie and distort the facts.

There is no class envy, there is only a desire for reasonableness. If
people want to spend hundreds of thousands of dollars to get great sound,
I'm all for it, I just hope that they're spending the bulk of that money
where it actually will do the most good, on speakers.

An expensive hi-fi with **** speakers is a **** hi-fi. A moderately
priced system with great speakers being driven by equipment that provides
accurate playback is a great sounding system. Personally I won't settle
for less than the most accurate playback I can get.

According to your tin can measurement tools.
That would be Fremer's ears.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.misc
Ruud Broens

"Sander deWaal" wrote in message
news : "Clyde Slick" said:
:
: hehe, you must explain sometime how you do
: find such facts
: so fast,
: Sander
:
:
: I have a world wide networl of correspondents.
:
: Be sure to look under your bed tonight :-)
:
:
: What will I find, a borg, eating bed bugs?
:
:
: Do you live in New York, perchance? :-)
:
: Your input tubes function as microphones, and the output transformers
: emit those modulated high frequencies, which can be detected and
: demodulated by a sophisticated receiver circuit.
: Even when you're 20.000 kms away!
:
: I'm about to sell the plans of this circuit to the NSA, or else put
: them on E-bay.

seeing what 6SN7's are doing on eBay these days, eBuyers may
actually outbid the NSA :-) :-)
Rudy

Posted to rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.misc

"Clyde Slick" wrote in message

wrote in message
nk.net...

"Clyde Slick" wrote in message

wrote in message
ink.net...

Only because of the terror on the part of dealers and manufacturers
knowing what the results would be. If there were such tremenodus
differences as some seem to claim, the dealers would be ramming an ABX
test down your throat in order to sell those overpriced cables or
whatever.

They wouldn't be wasting their time setting up ABX's, especially for
cable

Since there are no differnces in the sound of cables, they would be doing
the world a service in demonstrating that fact.

That is not a fact, its an opinion.

Nope. The only differnces are well known and opredictable. 18 AWG wire at
20ft. length sounds like all wire of equal size and length.

My belief is that lots of cable sound
more or less the same, but some may not, and the differences are not
substantial enough to worry about them, especially considering the price,.
But it depends on your bank account, and how much your spending on the
rest of
your system.

It depends on how much you are willing to believe.

Cable upgrades are fine, but super expensive (+$1,000)
upgrades are a waste that
can be better spent on better sounding equipment.

So is anything over 23 cents per foot.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.misc
Clyde Slick

"Clyde Slick" said:

hehe, you must explain sometime how you do
find such facts
so fast,
Sander

I have a world wide networl of correspondents.

Be sure to look under your bed tonight :-)

What will I find, a borg, eating bed bugs?

Do you live in New York, perchance? :-)

Your input tubes function as microphones, and the output transformers
emit those modulated high frequencies, which can be detected and
demodulated by a sophisticated receiver circuit.
Even when you're 20.000 kms away!

I'm about to sell the plans of this circuit to the NSA, or else put
them on E-bay.

I live in Maryland, about 8 kilometers from NSA.
Unfortunately I am not their purchasing agent!
I don't work for them.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.misc
Clyde Slick

news : "Clyde Slick" said:
:
[...]

What are they going for?
I have about 100 NOS ones
ADCO made in USA
willing to sell!!

Posted to rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.misc
paul packer

On Wed, 30 Nov 2005 17:21:14 GMT, wrote:

"George M. Middius" cmndr [underscore] george [at] comcast [dot] net wrote
in message ...

Clyde Slick said to duh-Mikey:

I have a very godd[sic] idea what good stereo sounds like

you mean, you know what sounds good to you.

I don't believe that's what poor Mickey meant. I believe he meant what he
said. As we all know, he gets his "ideas" from spec sheets, not from
listening.

At least I have ideas about audio, George.

Good point. George still hasn't told us about his path to hi-end
heaven and what it means to him. And we've held our collective breath
long enough.

Mikey may get promoted to Major 'Borg if he keeps carrying on like this.

I'll get higher rank and you'll just be rank.

Not bad, Mike--shows you're thinking. The thrust and parry has
sharpened your sword.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.misc
Arny Krueger

wrote in message
k.net
"George M. Middius" cmndr [underscore] george [at]
comcast [dot] net wrote in message

Clyde Slick said to duh-Mikey:

I have a very godd[sic] idea what good stereo sounds
like

you mean, you know what sounds good to you.

I don't believe that's what poor Mickey meant. I believe
he meant what he said. As we all know, he gets his
"ideas" from spec sheets, not from listening.

At least I have ideas about audio, George.

Key point. The George persona here is not about audio. It's
about a bitter old man who hates his life and just about
everybody in it. His moma never really loved him and his dad
was distant and cold. He'd never do George under his own
name because George is repetitive, childish and boring.
Always has been, always will be.

Furthermore, everything sounds the same to him. Also by
his own admission.

Not everything, just the stuff that is has the same sound.

Another key point. It's just as wrong to say that everything
sounds different as it is to say that everything sounds the
same.

On the one hand the so-called objectivist position is that
while lots of things sound different, some things (like good
power amps and digital players) tend to sound the same.

On the other hand, its easier to squeeze blood out of a rock
than it is to get a so-called subjectivist to admit that
anything sounds the same.

Meanwhile we've got idiots like Robert, David, Paul George
and Art who have almost no serious interest in audio
continuously screaming: "Sounds the same! Sounds the same!".

Mikey may get promoted to Major 'Borg if he keeps
carrying on like this.

I'll get higher rank and you'll just be rank.

Nothing has changed around here in 5 years but the body
count. George was an idiot child 5 years ago and despite the
apparent impossibility of the task, he's managed to get
dumber. :-(

Posted to rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.misc
Clyde Slick

"paul packer" wrote in message

Not bad, Mike--shows you're thinking. The thrust and parry has
sharpened your sword.

Maybe now he'll be able to dip into the Parkay bowl.
I suggest he let it melt a little first.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.misc
Ruud Broens

: news : "Clyde Slick" said:
:
[...]

NSA, 6SN7 ... Sander's contraption seems to work,
Art ;-)
R.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.misc
Sander deWaal

"Arny Krueger" said:

Key point. The George persona here is not about audio. It's
about a bitter old man who hates his life and just about
everybody in it. His moma never really loved him and his dad
was distant and cold. He'd never do George under his own
name because George is repetitive, childish and boring.
Always has been, always will be.

At the Krueger household, the boogie man was called "George", right?
;-)

Meanwhile we've got idiots like Robert, David, Paul George
and Art who have almost no serious interest in audio
continuously screaming: "Sounds the same! Sounds the same!".

You forgot Ringo.

--

"Audio as a serious hobby is going down the tubes."
- Howard Ferstler, 25/4/2005
Posted to rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.misc
Ruud Broens

"Clyde Slick" wrote in message
:
: "Ruud Broens" wrote in message
: ...
:
: "Sander deWaal" emitted:
: :
: : I'm about to sell the plans of this circuit to the NSA, or else put
: : them on E-bay.
:
: seeing what 6SN7's are doing on eBay these days, eBuyers may
: actually outbid the NSA :-) :-)
: Rudy
:
:
:
: What are they going for?
: I have about 100 NOS ones
: ADCO made in USA
: willing to sell!!
:
a pair of Telefunkens did about 300 USD recently on eBay:
5830648091
:-)

Posted to rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.misc

"Clyde Slick" wrote in message

wrote in message
nk.net...

"Clyde Slick" wrote in message

Imaging comes from the recording and is produced by the speakers.
But then you knew that, since we've discussed it before.

Same recording
Same speakers
But different cd player or different amps, and there are often changes in
imaging

Based on unrelaible sighted evalutions, IOW meaningless.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.misc

"Arny Krueger" said:

Key point. The George persona here is not about audio. It's
about a bitter old man who hates his life and just about
everybody in it. His moma never really loved him and his dad
was distant and cold. He'd never do George under his own
name because George is repetitive, childish and boring.
Always has been, always will be.

At the Krueger household, the boogie man was called "George", right?
;-)

It truly sadens me Sander, that you can't see George for the vile disgusting
pig that he is.

I care nothing for his audio silliness, but his constant crap about family
members who don't post here are clearly beneath contempt.

Meanwhile we've got idiots like Robert, David, Paul George
and Art who have almost no serious interest in audio
continuously screaming: "Sounds the same! Sounds the same!".

You forgot Ringo.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.misc
[...]

Oooh, NOS, no doubt. I think I saw that. I have about 50 smooth plate pulls
to get rid of, and some ribbed ones too.
But I figure $10 to $25 each

Posted to rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.misc
Clyde Slick

wrote in message
nk.net...

"Clyde Slick" wrote in message

wrote in message
nk.net...

"Clyde Slick" wrote in message

Imaging comes from the recording and is produced by the speakers.
But then you knew that, since we've discussed it before.

Same recording
Same speakers
But different cd player or different amps, and there are often changes in
imaging

Based on unrelaible sighted evalutions, IOW meaningless.

to you, not to me.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.misc
George M. Middius

Clyde Slick said:

Based on unrelaible sighted evalutions, IOW meaningless.

to you, not to me.

"Don't talk about your mother that way."

Posted to rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.misc
Arny Krueger

nk.net
"Arny Krueger" said:

Key point. The George persona here is not about audio.
It's about a bitter old man who hates his life and just
about everybody in it. His moma never really loved him
and his dad was distant and cold. He'd never do George
under his own name because George is repetitive,
childish and boring. Always has been, always will be.

At the Krueger household, the boogie man was called
"George", right? ;-)

It truly sadens me Sander, that you can't see George for
the vile disgusting pig that he is.

Two words: sock puppets.

I care nothing for his audio silliness, but his constant
crap about family members who don't post here are clearly
beneath contempt.

Agreed.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.misc
Ruud Broens

"Clyde Slick" wrote in message
:
: "Ruud Broens" wrote in message
: ...
:
: : seeing what 6SN7's are doing on eBay these days, eBuyers may
: : actually outbid the NSA :-) :-)
: : Rudy
: :
: :
: :
: : What are they going for?
: : I have about 100 NOS ones
: : ADCO made in USA
: : willing to sell!!
: :
: a pair of Telefunkens did about 300 USD recently on eBay:
: 5830648091
: :-)
:
:
:
: Oooh, NOS, no doubt. I think I saw that. I have about 50 smooth plate pulls
: to get rid of, and some ribbed ones too.
: But I figure $10 to $25 each
:
who'se leg are you trying to pull, clyde ?
it's like, anyone is going to part with a 1000 USD for a box of
untested glassware, Not !

seriously, Telefunken prices divided by 5 to 7 seems to be the
going rate for other brands, when NIB NOS (new in box, unused).
pulled tubes have to be accompanied by emission measurements
on a tube tester to be worth anything :-) - could be around half the
price of an unused when tested "as new". So that brings you in the
12 to 15 USD ballpark..

cheers,
Rudy

Posted to rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.misc
[...]

That is a little low for what I saw on eBay, actually sold
in $12 to $30 for used tested tubes, like mine.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.misc
Ruud Broens

[...]
LOL, it's like you know how to test tubes, if,
you don't know an mho from a volta, lot'sZ !
for 30 bucks, a buyer would like to know grid
leak, as well,
you know
Rudy

Posted to rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.misc
George M. Middius

Clyde Slick said:

That is a little low for what I saw on eBay, actually sold
in $12 to $30 for used tested tubes, like mine.

Selling vacuum tubes on ebay: $30
Mailing them to the Krooborg and inducing a heart attack: Priceless!

Posted to rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.misc
[...]

I expect to average about $16
plus, over 120 7591's, and lots of other good stuff.
more than I can use in a lifetime of glowing enjoyment.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.misc
paul packer

On Thu, 1 Dec 2005 07:18:47 -0500, "Arny Krueger"
wrote:

Meanwhile we've got idiots like Robert, David, Paul George
and Art who have almost no serious interest in audio
continuously screaming: "Sounds the same! Sounds the same!".

Er...haven't you got that around the wrong way, Arnie?

ABX is not DBT's Siamese twin [email protected] Audio Opinions 189 December 7th 05 06:09 PM
Good old DBTs [email protected] Audio Opinions 5 July 12th 05 06:31 PM
twin magnet wire - Where to get a wire table? GHR Vacuum Tubes 1 January 15th 05 03:15 PM
audio coax cable JYC High End Audio 239 January 18th 04 08:12 PM
A quick study in very recent RAHE moderator inconsistency Arny Krueger Audio Opinions 74 October 7th 03 05:56 PM