Posted to rec.audio.tech
steed

Default Wireless Speaker Setup

I'm setting up an AR AW871 Wireless Speaker System to remote the rear
surround sound speaker channel ONLY from my Pioneer VSX-D511 Receiver.
The only rear speaker audio output the receiver has is from it's
amplified speaker terminals.

My question is whether it's safe to connect the wireless transmitter
input directly to this speaker terminal, or do I need some sort of
attenuator between the speaker outout and the wireless transmitter.

The transmitter input has an adjutable gain control.

I'm not sure what the input impdance is.

TIA
Posted to rec.audio.tech
AZ Nomad

On Wed, 28 Dec 2005 15:37:46 -0500, steed wrote:

I'm setting up an AR AW871 Wireless Speaker System to remote the rear
surround sound speaker channel ONLY from my Pioneer VSX-D511 Receiver.
The only rear speaker audio output the receiver has is from it's
amplified speaker terminals.

My question is whether it's safe to connect the wireless transmitter
input directly to this speaker terminal, or do I need some sort of
attenuator between the speaker outout and the wireless transmitter.

Unless you have a "speaker level" input, you'll need an attenuator.
They're just voltage dividers, fifteen to one or so. You should
be able to find one at a car stereo shop, radio shack, or build it yourself.