Posted to rec.audio.pro
[email protected] quasar2378@yahoo.com is offline

Default Linking Ableton

Me and my buddy have a set coming up here in a couple months, and we
both mix on our own computers. I was wondering if there is any way to
link the bpm/timeclock up on both computers? For example, see this
pictu

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a2...00683912_l.jpg

You can clearly see that each of them has a set of laptops.

P.S. - We are running Ableton masters, with Reason slaves (if this
makes any difference).

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Romeo Rondeau[_2_] Romeo Rondeau[_2_] is offline

wrote:
Me and my buddy have a set coming up here in a couple months, and we
both mix on our own computers. I was wondering if there is any way to
link the bpm/timeclock up on both computers? For example, see this
pictu

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a2...00683912_l.jpg

You can clearly see that each of them has a set of laptops.

P.S. - We are running Ableton masters, with Reason slaves (if this
makes any difference).

You can use MIDI beat clock.
Posted to rec.audio.pro

On May 19, 4:46 pm, Romeo Rondeau wrote:
wrote:
Me and my buddy have a set coming up here in a couple months, and we
both mix on our own computers. I was wondering if there is any way to
link the bpm/timeclock up on both computers? For example, see this
pictu

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a2...00683912_l.jpg

You can clearly see that each of them has a set of laptops.

P.S. - We are running Ableton masters, with Reason slaves (if this
makes any difference).

You can use MIDI beat clock.

How do I go about settings such a system up?

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Rich Rich is offline

wrote:

Me and my buddy have a set coming up here in a couple months, and we
both mix on our own computers. I was wondering if there is any way to
link the bpm/timeclock up on both computers? For example, see this
pictu

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a2...00683912_l.jpg

You can clearly see that each of them has a set of laptops.

P.S. - We are running Ableton masters, with Reason slaves (if this
makes any difference).

In that pyramid, you can do pretty much anything you want.
Posted to rec.audio.pro

wrote:
Me and my buddy have a set coming up here in a couple months, and we
both mix on our own computers. I was wondering if there is any way to
link the bpm/timeclock up on both computers? For example, see this
pictu
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a2...00683912_l.jpg
You can clearly see that each of them has a set of laptops.
P.S. - We are running Ableton masters, with Reason slaves (if this
makes any difference).

You can use MIDI beat clock.

How do I go about settings such a system up?

Hook the MIDI out of one PC into the MIDI in of the other and find the
checkbox that says send MIDI sync or whatever. Look in the book, I'm
sure it's in there along with a discussion of other types of sync.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
ChristopheRonald ChristopheRonald is offline

from my own personal experience i think your gonna want to run ableton
as the master, and reason as the slave. im not sure what you have to
do it reason, but in ableton you will have to have a midi out going to
the other computer at least. if you dont have any midi interfaces now,
check ebay for used m-audio ones like the 2x2 or 4x4. even the fairly
old ones work awesomely and with a little searchin you can find them
dirt cheap.