Posted to rec.audio.misc
Mark D. Zacharias Mark D. Zacharias is offline

Default Directly convert FLAC or APE Files to MP3

Presently I have to burn an audio CD from the lossless files, then rip to
MP3. Would like to translate directly from FLAC or APE to variable bitrate
MP3, especially if I can use the LAME encoder.

Have done some Googling but haven't really found much yet, except some sites
which seem promising, then have broken links or spyware.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Mark Z.

Posted to rec.audio.misc

"Mark D. Zacharias" wrote in message
news
Presently I have to burn an audio CD from the lossless files, then rip to
MP3. Would like to translate directly from FLAC or APE to variable bitrate
MP3, especially if I can use the LAME encoder.

dbPoweramp will do it--at least from FLAC. I just tried it.

Norm Strong

Posted to rec.audio.misc
Bill & Debbie Bill & Debbie is offline

"Mark D. Zacharias" wrote in message
news
Presently I have to burn an audio CD from the lossless files, then rip to
MP3. Would like to translate directly from FLAC or APE to variable bitrate
MP3, especially if I can use the LAME encoder.

Have done some Googling but haven't really found much yet, except some
sites which seem promising, then have broken links or spyware.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Mark Z.

I convert FLAC directly to MP3 using MediaMonkey all the time.
Bill

Posted to rec.audio.misc

Bill & Debbie wrote:
"Mark D. Zacharias" wrote in message
news
Presently I have to burn an audio CD from the lossless files, then
rip to MP3. Would like to translate directly from FLAC or APE to
variable bitrate MP3, especially if I can use the LAME encoder.

Have done some Googling but haven't really found much yet, except
some sites which seem promising, then have broken links or spyware.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Mark Z.

I convert FLAC directly to MP3 using MediaMonkey all the time.
Bill

Hmmm. Hadn't thought of that - I do have MediaMonkey installed, just haven't
used it much. Someone else suggested dbPoweramp - I've been using that with
good success.

Mark Z.