Posted to rec.audio.misc
[email protected] g@ulriksborg.com is offline

Default Dolby True HD and DTS HD with the Pioneer VSX-1016TXV-K

Hello,

I'm looking to buy the Pioneer VSX-1016TXV-K. I'm reading however,
that the HDMI ports on it, does not support audio. Does that mean that
I will not be able to use the Dolby True HD/DST HD tracks on Blu-Ray
discs? Or will the optical inputs be able to handle this? I thought I
read somewhere that these audio formats are only supported with HDMI
cables. If this receiver is unable to support these formats, are
there other receivers in the same price range that can support it?

Thanks!
Tom