Posted to rec.audio.misc
Steve Kleene Steve Kleene is offline

Default selecting stereo bookshelf speakers

I'm looking for advice on buying a pair of stereo bookshelf speakers for a
living room. I haven't read up on speakers since I bought my Genesis II
floor speakers in 1976. They've been very nice, but now we need a pair for a
room with insufficient floor space. Ideally the height of the speaker won't
be greater than 13".

Are there any sites with general discussions of home stereo speaker
selection? I couldn't find any; the emphasis now is on auto sound or
surround sound for home. The stores here also don't stock much in stereo
bookshelf speakers. I can buy online, but returning speakers bought online
is a lot more work.

In 1976, bookshelf speakers generally had terrible bass output. Is that
still the case? If not, are there any specific makes or models you would
recommend?

Thanks.

Just for Ludovic Audio Opinions 64 November 19th 05 04:17 PM
FS: Turntables, Stereo Amps/Receivers, Speakers, Piano Benches etc Jim Eukey Marketplace 0 September 25th 04 05:09 AM
FS: Turntables, Stereo Amps/Receivers, Speakers, Piano Benches etc Jim Eukey Marketplace 0 July 4th 04 05:42 AM
FS: Turntables, Stereo Amps/Receivers, Speakers, Piano Benches etc Jim Eukey Marketplace 0 October 12th 03 03:27 AM
FS: Turntables, Stereo Amps/Receivers, Speakers, Piano Benches etc Jim Eukey Marketplace 0 August 25th 03 11:41 PM