Posted to rec.audio.misc
Roy Hammond Roy Hammond is offline

Default Audio to MP3 recording...

For many years now my wife has recorded onto cassette tape, from her hifi
unit using its programming facilities, the daily BBC R4 plays, talks, and
the Archers, and then listens to them on her walkman while doing housework
or gardening.

She's gone through many walkmans - the cassette deck mechanisms eventually
wear out. As an old telecoms/electronics engineer, I've enjoyed myself
keeping them going until they get beyond economic repair.

So, it occurs to me why not change to an MP3 player? Possibly longer term
viability and better reliability? And use SD/MMC cards to record onto and
playback from.

Problem I'd like help with.

Is there a kit or design, than I can buy and/or put together or build, that
will take the audio line output from the hifi unit and record onto a SD/MMC
card?

Or is there a better way?

[By the way, my wife is not 'computer literate' so using a pc to download
from the BBC online is not an option].

Any advice will be most welcome.
Roy

PS Am I on the best newsgroup...?