Posted to rec.audio.car
chubster2003 chubster2003 is offline

Default Rockford Fosgate 1000bd Amp Humming

my 1000bd amp is making a humming noise when i put power to it.. all
that is hooked up is the ground, power, and remote. amp sits there and
hums.. when i turn it on the protection light comes on briefly then
shuts off, while continuing to hum.... doesnt put any sound output when
everything is connected. what do you think?

Thanks

Posted to rec.audio.car
bassman07 bassman07 is offline

the amp hums or the subs hooked up hum?

--
bassman07
Posted to rec.audio.car
D.Kreft D.Kreft is offline

On Nov 26, 1:25 pm, "chubster2003" wrote:

my 1000bd amp is making a humming noise when i put power to it.. all
that is hooked up is the ground, power, and remote. amp sits there and
hums.. when i turn it on the protection light comes on briefly then
shuts off, while continuing to hum.... doesnt put any sound output when
everything is connected. what do you think?

I'd see about selling it to the circus. A humming amp might bring a few
curious passersby--it might make you some money.

Have you contacted a reputable dealer about this, or perhaps better yet
maybe even the manufacturer? It would seem to me that the best people
to ask about equipment problems are the people who 1) deal with them on
a regular basis, or 2) those who *make* the equipment. All you've got
on a newsgroup like this are a bunch of knuckleheads and a few people
who know what they're talking about but can't stick their respective
heads in your car and help you figure it out--and in the time it
*would* take you to get a decent answer out of someone here on this
group, you could have called Rockford Fosbreak and gotten a definitive
answer rather than just a bunch of guesses.

Just my $0.02...which should be common sense. :-\

-dan

Posted to rec.audio.car
chubster2003 chubster2003 is offline

the amp itself hums,

and ya i emailed fosgate about it and am going to go to like car toys
tomorrow. they are closed here. just thought i would get some other
people's opinions and didnt want to sit here twiddling my thumbs

thanks

Posted to rec.audio.car
bob wald bob wald is offline

it doesnt know the words.lol