Posted to rec.audio.car
jobs jobs is offline

Default cell phone mp3 player over car bluetooth ??

We currently have a third party blue tooth system in our car for using
the cell phone.. like most car hand-free systems, it uses the car's
speakers. The cell we use in the car is a motorola a630 that does not
have an mp3 player. I was wondering if we upgrade to a smartphone (like
the t-mobile dash) that can play mp3 music, will we be able to play mp3
over the phone into the cars audio speakers via the bluetooth?

Also wondering, the new t-mobile dash has a tiny (smaller than I've
ever seen) audio jack... its smaller than the small jacks on most
phones. Is this likely a standard jack size that I can adapt to using
some part at Radio shack? And if so, is there any way to hard wire an
aux port on the radio and connect direct?