Posted to rec.audio.marketplace
ScottReeve ScottReeve is offline

Default FA: Denon DCT-970R Car Stereo Head Unit, Remote, No Reserve

Denon DCT-970R Head Unit AM/FM/CD

GREAT head unit. Sweet, musical, powerful. Too bad Denon stopped
making car audio.

I am the original owner. I bought this brand new in 2000.

Issues:

1) The light for the display (the light-green rectangular section in
the middle) does not work. The display works, but it's the light that
doesn't work so seeing the characters at night requires putting on the
dome light. Not sure why this is happening - it might be as simple as
a fuse however.

2) Occasionally I have noticed alternator whine, but it's only
noticable at low speeds (less than 15MPH). It may be a problem with
the way it was wired in my car. It may also just need a ground loop
isolator.

3) The remote is the RC-436, the remote that comes with the DCT-950R.
It works fine with the 970R.

Includes:

Head Unit

Remote