Posted to rec.audio.pro
Mark Mark is offline

Default A really bizarre microphone grounding problem... any ideas?!

On Oct 12, 6:41*am, wrote:
Hello all,

I have a pair of oktava mk319s which i have modded as per the scot
dorsey article. Oddly though since modding one of the grills has
caused whichever mic it is attached to, to suffer from severe ground
hum.

I have checked grounding continuity between pin 1, the earth track on
the board, and the the grill basket and in any combination of mic and
grill all appears to be in order.

when you apply the good grill to either mic it sounds lovely and the
hum goes away, apply the bad grill to either mic and the problem rears
its ugly head again.

What on earth (if you'll pardon the pun) could be doing this?!

Any thoughts gratefully received

Cheers, Ben

also make sure that pin 1 is NOT shorted to pin 2 or pin 3.

Mark

bizarre audio problem Dan Car Audio 10 March 15th 08 01:24 PM
Think I have a grounding problem.. Beauchampy[_2_] Pro Audio 16 November 28th 07 02:20 PM
Please help.. simple grounding problem! Zooper Pro Audio 2 April 7th 04 07:23 PM
Bizarre Taillight Problem With New Stereo in 88 GMC Suburban Nick Pelis Car Audio 3 March 16th 04 11:16 PM
Help w/ star grounding (50Hz hum problem)! Brian Huether Pro Audio 5 October 31st 03 07:16 AM