Posted to rec.audio.pro
[email protected] blackburst@aol.com is offline

Default Old Audio magazines

I've been subscribing to pro audio magazines since the early 70s
(Before the Internet, they used to print them on something called
paper). I used to read them, then throw them in a pile. One of my old
employers found a huge pile of my old audio magazines and dumped them
on me. I'm having a ball re-reading them. It is fascinating to see
what technologies, techniques, equipment etc. were in vogue at which
times! I'll try to post a few examples later. At random:

The coming of computer audio. The hot new ADAT machines. Automated
mixers!

It's also interesting to see old articles by our own Scott and Mike
R.!

Among the mags: Recording Engineer and Producer, db, Mix, Home and
Studio Recording (later just "Recording,") EQ, etc.
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Mike Rivers Mike Rivers is offline

On Oct 9, 9:29 am, " wrote:

It's also interesting to see old articles by our own Scott and Mike
R.!

Those magazines are relatively new, relatively speaking. When I was
writing my regular monthly column in Recording, I'd often go to my
shelf of old R-E-P and dB magazines for ideas on what to write about.
Posted to rec.audio.pro

On Oct 9, 10:55*am, Mike Rivers wrote:
On Oct 9, 9:29 am, " wrote:

It's also interesting to see old articles by our own Scott and Mike
R.!

Those magazines are relatively new, relatively speaking. When I was
writing my regular monthly column in Recording, I'd often go to my
shelf of old R-E-P and dB magazines for ideas on what to write about.

In reading the mags, I think it's funny how some then-new piece of
gear was revolutionary, where now it is passe. Or that some then-new
and little understood technology is now the norm. Like a time capsule.
Funny thing is: All the great gear we now consider state-of-the-art
will someday (not far down the road) be considered quaint and
antiquated!

You wrote some really good stuff there, Mike. As did Scott Dorsey.

BTW, The RE/Ps and dbs I have are quite old, about 1973-1985.