Posted to rec.audio.pro
Jon Dobson Jon Dobson is offline

Default software to extract 5.1ch output from DVD?

I'm looking for software that will allow extracting individual 5.1ch output
(as independent front, rear, and center channel tracks) from DVD's so that
each track/ channel can be processed separately. What software can do this?

Thanks,
Jon

Posted to rec.audio.pro

"Jon Dobson" wrote ...
I'm looking for software that will allow extracting individual 5.1ch
output (as independent front, rear, and center channel tracks) from DVD's
so that each track/ channel can be processed separately. What software
can do this?

I would go to www.videohelp.com to seek the answer to that
question. I'd bet that there are several suggestions for utilities
and/or workflows for doing that.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

Jon Dobson wrote:
I'm looking for software that will allow extracting individual 5.1ch output
(as independent front, rear, and center channel tracks) from DVD's so that
each track/ channel can be processed separately. What software can do this?

How much do you want to pay and is the DVD encoded with AC-3, dts, or something
else?

This is a nontrivial thing to do, but dts and Dolby sell stuff to do it.
Posted to rec.audio.pro

"Scott Dorsey" wrote in message
Jon Dobson wrote:
I'm looking for software that will allow extracting individual 5.1ch
output
(as independent front, rear, and center channel tracks) from DVD's so that
each track/ channel can be processed separately. What software can do
this?

How much do you want to pay and is the DVD encoded with AC-3, dts, or
something
else?

It's AC-3. I do have a stand alone DVD player with the six outputs, but
it's inconvenient to use (not enough to space to keep set up on a regular
basis, so have to set up each time, run cables, etc etc). I had hoped a
cheap software solution was available. I have tried experimenting with
software called "Hypercube Transcoder" which does attempt to decode to all
six channels, but the result fails.

Jon

This is a nontrivial thing to do, but dts and Dolby sell stuff to do it.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Hueyduck Hueyduck is offline

Jon Dobson a écrit :
I'm looking for software that will allow extracting individual 5.1ch output
(as independent front, rear, and center channel tracks) from DVD's so that
each track/ channel can be processed separately. What software can do this?

Thanks,
Jon

Hi Jon,

Do you use a Mac or a PC?

Huey

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Jon Dobson Jon Dobson is offline

Just what I was looking for, thank you! Does a flawless extraction and now
I can manipulate each file separately.

Best,
Jon

"Signal" wrote in message
Signal wrote:

I'm looking for software that will allow extracting individual 5.1ch
output
(as independent front, rear, and center channel tracks) from DVD's so
that
each track/ channel can be processed separately. What software can do
this?

http://www.castudio.org/dvdaudioextractor/

http://www.castudio.org/dvdaudioextr...torial-wav.php

Note step 2, point 5

--
S i g n a l @ l i n e o n e . n e t

Software that can use VST plug-ins to process PC audio output stream? Doug Pro Audio 3 July 24th 06 09:39 AM
extract audio from avi Chris Tech 2 September 2nd 05 02:52 PM
Computer Audio Output EQ Control Software? Sheldon England Pro Audio 0 November 21st 04 08:59 PM
Computer Audio Output EQ Control Software? Sheldon England Pro Audio 0 November 21st 04 08:59 PM
monitor output rotation software? Mark Zarella Car Audio 2 January 1st 04 01:24 AM