Posted to rec.audio.pro,alt.politics.bush,alt.politics.liberalism,alt.politics.usa.republican,talk.politics.misc
.[_2_] .[_2_] is offline

Default "I knew that on 9/11 we had all become Israelis," Ex-CIA George Tenet

New York, NY, October 7, 2008 … George J. Tenet (previously Cohen),
former director of the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA), said
Israel's security is at great peril, but that the United States and
Israel have a "strategic relationship" and will "always be bound
together." Mr. Tenet delivered the remarks during an Anti-Defamation
League (ADL) dinner in upstate New York, where he was honored by the
League for his efforts to combat terrorism, extremism and injustice.

"I knew that on 9/11 we had all become Israelis," said Mr. Tenet.
"ISRAEL HAS SEEN PEOPLE DIE IN BUS BOMBINGS, OR SITTING IN CAFES IN
TEL AVIV - NOW I'D SEEN IT HAPPEN ON YOUR SOIL."

George Tenet and Abraham Foxman:
http://www.adl.org/NR/rdonlyres/eqdb...abeCropped.jpg

http://www.adl.org/PresRele/Mise_00/5368_00.htm

CIA head George Tenet and Jews

The most significant event in CIA head George Tenet's relationship
with Israel involves the matter of a pardon for notorious Israeli
nuclear spy Jonathan Pollard. On the eve of the signing of the Wye
Agreement in October 1998, Benjamin Netanyahu received a promise from
President Clinton that Pollard would be released.

The administration thereby hoped to express its appreciation for
Israel's consenting to sign the agreement and also to work on
softening Israeli public opinion. However, at the last minute, Clinton
withdrew his consent because of the CIA director's vehement objection.
Tenet also told Clinton that he would resign immediately if Pollard is
released. Although the other intelligence and security agencies also
opposed Pollard's early release, it is possible that Tenet's
intervention is what eventually swayed the matter.

Jewish and other organizations working toward Pollard's release recall
Tenet as the bad guy in the matter. During his term as CIA director
the agency's ties with American Jewish community have dropped to a
low. It was argued that the CIA discriminates against its Jewish
employees for fear that they will relay secrets to Israel. A former
attorney at the CIA, Adam Ciralsky, claimed as much. Ciralsky said he
was discriminated against because he was a kippah-wearing Jew, and
that he was told he was suspected of spying for Israel.

A senior CIA official, who appeared on the "60 Minutes" television
news magazine in profile only, said the agency suspects that Israel is
plotting to hire religious Jews from among its employees to spy
against the U.S. Ciralsky also presented the media with internal CIA
documents containing anti-Semitic remarks and stereotypical references
to Jews.

The Jewish establishment flooded the CIA with complaints, and Tenet
publicly denounced the expressions of anti-Semitism and distanced his
organization from any discrimination against Jews.

http://www.jonathanpollard.org/2001/061401.htm

www.iamthewitness.com