Posted to rec.audio.pro
Federico Federico is offline

Default Sennheiser Clips

Hi,
I am looking for clips that fits Sennheiser microphones (441, 421).
Are there any cheaper alternatives then the original ones?
Thank you
F.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

In article ,
Federico wrote:
Hi,
I am looking for clips that fits Sennheiser microphones (441, 421).
Are there any cheaper alternatives then the original ones?

No. BUT.... if you call Sennheiser and ask them for the shock mounts
for those microphones, they are available and they are much more reliable
than the originals.

The shock mount for the 441 is a flexible rubberlike plastic thing that
the microphone slides into. It does not clip into place. This mount will
not break when the microphone stand is dropped like the original one does,
and it will not be broken by performers wrenching the microphone out without
releasing the lock.

The shock mount for the 421 is a pair of metal pans held together by a
suspension band. The band will break someday, and you can replace it easily.
It will not break at the microphone end the way the original 421 clip will.

These clips are not appreciably cheaper than the original clips for the mikes,
but they will save you a lot of money in the long run because they won't fail
like the original ones do.
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Federico Federico is offline

Thanks Scott!
What about some other clip frt the 441... Are there some "squared" ones
around?
Maybe I shall try the ones for the AKG C1000... I remember they are huge....
F.

Posted to rec.audio.pro

Federico wrote:
Thanks Scott!
What about some other clip frt the 441... Are there some "squared" ones
around?

I don't know, really. But the shockmount for the 441 is great. It is a
little cheaper than the regular mount, and it works.

Maybe I shall try the ones for the AKG C1000... I remember they are huge....

Don't do it. Get the 441 shockmount and you'll never need to replace it.

sennheiser way to go with nature recordings: Sennheiser MKH-40 pair or Sennheiser MKH-30 + MKH-40 combo? andrejs eigus Pro Audio 4 February 25th 07 09:17 PM
Sennheiser MD421 U-5 clips PJ Pro Audio 21 August 14th 06 05:16 PM
Mic quick clips Jay Levitt Pro Audio 3 November 24th 04 08:26 PM
Sennheiser MD421U5 VS Sennheiser MD421-II Raymond Pro Audio 5 March 12th 04 01:22 PM
Oktava MC-012 clips? kk Pro Audio 15 November 17th 03 02:57 AM