Posted to rec.audio.pro
Eeyore Eeyore is offline

Default That owen ? something character - abuse response

Charter Tracking Ticket#: 3214541

To whom it may concern:

This letter is in response to your e-mail letter to Charter
Communications.

We have identified the customer and enforced our Acceptable Use Policy.

Please contact us if you have any questions.

Sincerely,

Internet Security Team
Charter Communications
Charter Plaza
12405 Powerscourt Drive
St. Louis, MO 63131-3674

I like it when they get back to you. Obviously a professional outfit.

Graham

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Eeyore Eeyore is offline

Soundhaspriority wrote:

"Eeyore" wrote

Charter Tracking Ticket#: 3214541

To whom it may concern:

This letter is in response to your e-mail letter to Charter
Communications.

We have identified the customer and enforced our Acceptable Use Policy.

Please contact us if you have any questions.

Sincerely,

Internet Security Team
Charter Communications
Charter Plaza
12405 Powerscourt Drive
St. Louis, MO 63131-3674

I like it when they get back to you. Obviously a professional outfit.

Graham

Class!

Bob Morein
(310) 237-6511

And 'you know who' next ! Just wanted to polish my skills up. Haven't needed
to do this for quite a while. Plus it proves to the naysayers that properly
constructed abuse reports are indeed effective.

Graham

Posted to rec.audio.pro

Graham wrote ...
Bob wrote:
Graham said:
I like it when they get back to you. Obviously a professional
outfit.

I like that as well. I got the same "ticket no." response,
but hell I've gotten those in the past, never goes anywhere
oftentimes.

Sometimes you never get to know other than the problem stops.

I figured between those of us who bothered we were having
some impact as I haven't seen him for a few days now.

I tried being nice about it with a personal email to his
yahoo account, but ... HE made his choice.

All too right. It never fails to amaze me how abusers think they can just
get away with it.

But when they find sleazy providers like buzzardnews (who either don't
care, or are actually complicit in the abuse) they CAN get away with it.

The days are gone with nodes were controlled by idealistic, conscientious
administrators. The ranks now include sleazebags, commercial spammers,
and big corporations who assign clueless drones to whatever minimal
NNTP operations they can get away with. I'm sure we can all provide
actual names for each of those categories.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Eeyore Eeyore is offline

Richard Crowley wrote:

Graham wrote ...
Bob wrote:
Graham said:
I like it when they get back to you. Obviously a professional
outfit.
I like that as well. I got the same "ticket no." response,
but hell I've gotten those in the past, never goes anywhere
oftentimes.

Sometimes you never get to know other than the problem stops.

I figured between those of us who bothered we were having
some impact as I haven't seen him for a few days now.

I tried being nice about it with a personal email to his
yahoo account, but ... HE made his choice.

All too right. It never fails to amaze me how abusers think they can just
get away with it.

But when they find sleazy providers like buzzardnews (who either don't
care, or are actually complicit in the abuse) they CAN get away with it.

Haven't had a go at buzzard yet, but a friendly sysop elsewhere said a long
time ago, look for their upstream provider and grab their balls. A simple
traceroute does it. Buzzard won't go far with zero connectivity.

Altopia used to be a real problem provider but I've had their balls too and
they actually enforce their AUP now (at least after a fashion).

The days are gone with nodes were controlled by idealistic, conscientious
administrators. The ranks now include sleazebags, commercial spammers,
and big corporations who assign clueless drones to whatever minimal
NNTP operations they can get away with. I'm sure we can all provide
actual names for each of those categories.

Hey, I even got an anonymiser to drop a client. You just need the knack.

Graham

Posted to rec.audio.pro

"Eeyore" wrote ...
Haven't had a go at buzzard yet, but a friendly sysop elsewhere said a
long
time ago, look for their upstream provider and grab their balls. A simple
traceroute does it. Buzzard won't go far with zero connectivity.

Buzzard appears to be a subsidiary operation of a larger holding
company. Dunno whether the "parent" company might have any
rational management?

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Eeyore Eeyore is offline

Richard Crowley wrote:

"Eeyore" wrote ...
Haven't had a go at buzzard yet, but a friendly sysop elsewhere said a
long time ago, look for their upstream provider and grab their balls. A

simple
traceroute does it. Buzzard won't go far with zero connectivity.

Buzzard appears to be a subsidiary operation of a larger holding
company. Dunno whether the "parent" company might have any
rational management?

Time to take a look perhaps. I have a few heads in my sights right now.

Registrant:
BuzzardNews.Com
603 E. Central Ave.
Redlands, CA 92374
US
Domain name: BUZZARDNEWS.COM
Administrative Contact:
Buzzard, News
7943 Church St.
Yucca Valley, CA 92284
US
909-435-4481
Technical Contact:
Buzzard, News

7943 Church St.
Yucca Valley, CA 92284
US
909-435-4481
Registration Service Provider:
Yow!,

909-435-4481
http://www.yowhosting.com
This company may be contacted for domain login/passwords,
DNS/Nameserver
changes, and general domain support questions.
Registrar of Record: TUCOWS, INC.
Record last updated on 08-Aug-2008.
Record expires on 24-Feb-2009.
Record created on 24-Feb-2000.
Registrar Domain Name Help Center:
http://domainhelp.tucows.com
Domain servers in listed order:
NS1.BUZZARDNEWS.COM 75.126.244.224
NS2.BUZZARDNEWS.COM 75.126.46.26
Domain status: clientTransferProhibited
clientUpdateProhibited

Tracing route to buzzardnews.com [75.126.244.224]
over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 * * * Request timed out. (that's my router)
2 13 ms 16 ms 13 ms telehouse-gw2-lo2.idnet.net [212.69.63.55]
3 13 ms 14 ms 12 ms telehouse-gw3-g0-1-400.idnet.net
[212.69.63.243]
4 13 ms 12 ms 14 ms y-s-2.lon1.arbinet.net [213.232.64.76]
5 23 ms 18 ms 18 ms ae-32-52.ebr2.London1.Level3.net [4.68.116.62]
6 94 ms 90 ms 89 ms ae-43.ebr1.NewYork1.Level3.net [4.69.137.74]
7 83 ms 88 ms 90 ms ae-71-71.csw2.NewYork1.Level3.net [4.69.134.70]

8 85 ms 86 ms 88 ms ae-73-73.ebr3.NewYork1.Level3.net
[4.69.134.101]
9 119 ms 127 ms 120 ms ae-6.ebr2.Dallas1.Level3.net [4.69.137.121]
10 125 ms 126 ms 127 ms ae-92-92.csw4.Dallas1.Level3.net [4.69.136.150]

11 119 ms 119 ms 121 ms ae-4-99.edge3.Dallas1.Level3.net [4.68.19.200]
12 120 ms 122 ms 122 ms te2-1.cer01.dal01.dallas-datacenter.com
[4.71.198.18]
13 119 ms 119 ms 119 ms po1.dar01.dal01.dallas-datacenter.com
[66.228.118.201]
14 119 ms 121 ms 133 ms po1.fcr02.dal01.dallas-datacenter.com
[66.228.118.178]
15 119 ms 121 ms 121 ms sl.buzzardnews.com [75.126.243.18]
16 120 ms 120 ms 120 ms antares.buzzardnews.com [75.126.244.224]
Trace complete.

75.126.244.224 and 75.126.243.18 and 66.228.118.178 and 66.228.118.201

OrgName: SoftLayer Technologies Inc.
OrgID: SOFTL
Address: 1950 N Stemmons Freeway
City: Dallas
StateProv: TX
PostalCode: 75207
Country: US
ReferralServer: rwhois://rwhois.softlayer.com:4321
NetRange: 75.126.0.0 - 75.126.255.255
CIDR: 75.126.0.0/16
OriginAS: AS36351
NetName: SOFTLAYER-4-3