Posted to rec.audio.pro
John Connors John Connors is offline

Default Import Nuendo Projects To Samplitude 10 ? Best way?

What is the best way to import some projects recorded in Nuendo 3.x into
Samplitude 10.1?

These are very simple projects, mostly 2 and 4 tracks of audio with no
effects etc.

I know I can go to the /audio folders and just import the audio but the
tracks were not named well and I also have to deal with the timing of where
each track starts.

Is there a better method?

Would using Rewire and playing them live in Nuendo into Samplitude be an
option?

It looks like about 25 projects or so that I have to deal with.

TIA

John
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Romeo Rondeau[_4_] Romeo Rondeau[_4_] is offline

John Connors wrote:
What is the best way to import some projects recorded in Nuendo 3.x into
Samplitude 10.1?

These are very simple projects, mostly 2 and 4 tracks of audio with no
effects etc.

I know I can go to the /audio folders and just import the audio but the
tracks were not named well and I also have to deal with the timing of where
each track starts.

Is there a better method?

Would using Rewire and playing them live in Nuendo into Samplitude be an
option?

It looks like about 25 projects or so that I have to deal with.

TIA

John

Bounce the tracks in Nuendo so that they all start at the same time and
they are soild audio from start to finish. After they are bounced, you
can click in the name field and rename them to something that makes
sense (you can also edit the description as well.) Then import just the
files into the new program.
Posted to rec.audio.pro

On Tue, 07 Oct 2008 14:38:35 -0500, Romeo Rondeau wrote:

John Connors wrote:
[...]

Sounds like a plan!

By bounce you mean use the range selector to highlight all the audio, start
to end, and then use "Bounce Selection" from the audio menu?

Will this work?

Posted to rec.audio.pro

John Connors wrote:
[...]

Almost. What you want to do is make sure that the audio all starts at
the same time. What I do is grab the pencil tool and draw a little
region starting at 00:00:00:00 on every track. Doesn't matter how long
it is, just make sure it doesn't touch the rest of the audio. Then you
can hit cntrl-a to select all, right click on the whole mess of
regions and select "bounce selection" from the audio menu. The start
point could be anywhere, it doesn't have to go to 00:00:00:00, but it's
usually where you want it.
Posted to rec.audio.pro

John Connors wrote:
[...]

Got it!!

Worked like a charm and I am on my way!

Thank you for helping out!

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Romeo Rondeau[_4_] Romeo Rondeau[_4_] is offline

By bounce you mean use the range selector to highlight all the audio, start
to end, and then use "Bounce Selection" from the audio menu?

Will this work?

Almost. What you want to do is make sure that the audio all starts at
the same time. What I do is grab the pencil tool and draw a little
region starting at 00:00:00:00 on every track. Doesn't matter how long
it is, just make sure it doesn't touch the rest of the audio. Then you
can hit cntrl-a to select all, right click on the whole mess of
regions and select "bounce selection" from the audio menu. The start
point could be anywhere, it doesn't have to go to 00:00:00:00, but it's
usually where you want it.

Got it!!

Worked like a charm and I am on my way!

Thank you for helping out!

No problem! I'm glad it worked out
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Mike Rivers Mike Rivers is offline

On Oct 7, 7:49 pm, John Connors wrote:

By bounce you mean use the range selector to highlight all the audio, start
to end, and then use "Bounce Selection" from the audio menu?

All of these things have a different vocabulary. "Bounce" usually
means to mix some tracks together and record the mix on to a new track
or pair. Two terms that are a bit more descriptive are "Render" and
"Consolidate." This is the tool you use when you have a track which
incorporates several files or regions (each punch-in is a separate
file, each edit represents a change in region boundaries). It takes
all those bits and pieces and creates a new file that's all in one
piece, with everything in its place, and all the edits, processing,
and volume changes just as you hear them.

Typically, you render all the tracks starting from the time at the
beginning of the song to the time at the end of the song. When you do
that, if you line up the beginnings of each file, all the music will
line up.

Another approach, if your versions of Samplitude and Nuendo support
broadcast wave files (and I believe both do) is that each file has a
time stamp that indicates its position in the track. You can just
import the files to the track and tell them to move to their time-
stamped positions.

The render thing is usually easier for the one importing the tracks,
though, so you might as well do it. I'd suggest practicing first
before you have to do it while a client is watching impatiently.