Posted to rec.audio.pro
Paul[_13_] Paul[_13_] is offline

Default PROTOOLS FOR LONG DISTANCE RECORDING?

I've considered getting a protools setup for myself, but
then thought about how nice it would be to have a recording
engineer help me, so i can focus on playing my instrument.

And the musicians i know are in other states, so i would have
to fly out there to record with them.

I'm aware of the ability to burn a DVD-R with all the track info,
including i hope, mixing and panning info during the final
mix down. But I'm sure there is a limit to this, besides
the obvious memory limit.

How feasible would it be to record bits and pieces of the
tracks here and there? And are all Protools setups
compatible in this way? Like any of the protools studios
could download from my DVDs?

And how long do studios typically save your track data
on their machines in the studio? (in case your DVD
gets ruined)?

I'm thinking this might be the best way for me to record my
buddies in other states.