Posted to rec.audio.marketplace

Default Ideal copper for cable

Hello all.

Please visit our web site www.polikor.ru
Our company produce Single Crystal Copper in Ingot with
99.9991%-99.999% purity

Veronika

Posted to rec.audio.marketplace
bassett

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hello all.

Please visit our web site www.polikor.ru
Our company produce Single Crystal Copper in Ingot with
99.9991%-99.999% purity

Veronika

Any good quality triple shelded RG 6 coax, will give you all you need in a
copper interconnect cable.
RCA Plugs are available with a 6mm or 8mm cable entry.
bassett

Posted to rec.audio.marketplace
Trevor Wilson

"bassett" wrote in message

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hello all.

Please visit our web site www.polikor.ru
Our company produce Single Crystal Copper in Ingot with
99.9991%-99.999% purity

Veronika

Any good quality triple shelded RG 6 coax, will give you all you need in
a copper interconnect cable.
RCA Plugs are available with a 6mm or 8mm cable entry.

**Most RG6 cable uses aluminium shielding and copper plated steel centre
conductors. Such stuff makes life very difficult for both soldering and
versatility (solid conductors break, with repeated movement). Multistranded,
pure copper makes MUCH more sense.

--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au

Posted to rec.audio.marketplace
bassett

"Trevor Wilson" wrote in message

"bassett" wrote in message

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hello all.

Please visit our web site www.polikor.ru
Our company produce Single Crystal Copper in Ingot with
99.9991%-99.999% purity

Veronika

Any good quality triple shelded RG 6 coax, will give you all you need
in a copper interconnect cable.
RCA Plugs are available with a 6mm or 8mm cable entry.

**Most RG6 cable uses aluminium shielding and copper plated steel centre
conductors. Such stuff makes life very difficult for both soldering and
versatility (solid conductors break, with repeated movement).
Multistranded, pure copper makes MUCH more sense.

--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au

If thats the case theres a bloody lot of moterised satellite dishes on
borrowed time.

It's also impossable to use any form of "F" connector on stranded cables.

As for soldering, consider low heat Silver solder, but if your using the
correct RCA plug's there is no problem .

If your using copper coated RG 6, it's very low grade cheap ****, consider
the good quality triple shealded stuff from WES.

goes of the scrape the copper coating of 2000 meters of RG 6
bassett

Posted to rec.audio.marketplace
Trevor Wilson

**Read what I wrote. Pay particular attention to the words:

Such stuff makes life very difficult for both soldering and versatility
(solid conductors break, with repeated movement). Multistranded, pure
copper makes MUCH more sense.

Moterised (sic) satellite dish installers go to heroic lengths to ensure
that the cables can survive such applications.

It's also impossable to use any form of "F" connector on stranded
cables.

**We're discussing AUDIO cables, not video/RF cables. Please pay attention.

As for soldering, consider low heat Silver solder, but if your using the
correct RCA plug's there is no problem .

**There are BIG problems soldering aluminium.

If your using copper coated RG 6, it's very low grade cheap ****,
consider the good quality triple shealded stuff from WES.

**I use the highest grade quad sheald (sic), but that is not the point. It
is much easier for the average person to use copper, rather than
steel/aluminium. I use audio cable for audio and RF cable for RF. Seems
logical to me.

goes of the scrape the copper coating of 2000 meters of RG 6

**I have no idea what the Hell you are talking about. As usual, you are
making a simple job far more complex than it needs to be. Decent quality
audio grade cable (copper centre conductor/copper sheald (sic) is not
expensive and it is far easier to use than RG6.

--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au

Posted to rec.audio.marketplace
Trevor Wilson Trevor Wilson is offline

"bassett" wrote in message

wrote in message
[...]

Well Trever, you took your time replying, No doubt due to the fact that
you had to find something to say , that would allow you to riggle out of
the hole you had dug for yourself.

**"Took my time"? I respond when I have the time. I took 2 days to respond
to your post. You manged 3 days to respond to mine. What does that make you?

Such stuff makes life very difficult for both soldering and versatility
(solid conductors break, with repeated movement). Multistranded, .pure
copper makes MUCH more sense.

That's why they invented crimping pliers, Trever.

**I can forgive your horrendous spelling, but spell my name correctly. It is
right there in front of you. There is simply no excuse for such sloppiness.
As for crimping pliars, certainly, but a soldering iron is more ubiquitous
for most people. It can be used for a mutlitude of uses. Crimping pliars are
not as useful for the average person.

What movement are you refuring to, presumable your refuring to
inturnal wiring in a tuner, or some such, so where's the movement..

**Many people move their components many times and often. Moreover, the
stiffness of RG6 can be a major PITA for many people.

Moterised (sic) satellite dish installers go to heroic lengths to ensure
that the cables can survive such applications.

Rubbish, unless you think it takes brains to use a plastic cable tie..

**Which is not required when using flexible cables.

We've been doing this for years, and believe me, it's not rocket science.
This sort of thing works, and does not fall apart due to movement.

**Of course. However, you're assuming consumers want to cable tie their
cables in place. Most do not. Flexible cables eliminate such things.

It's also impossable to use any form of "F" connector on stranded
cables.

**We're discussing AUDIO cables, not video/RF cables. Please pay
attention.

incorrect,, If you read back in the thread, you will see I said ,
Quote,, Any good quality triple shelded RG 6 coax, will give you all
you need in a copper interconnect cable. unquote,
To which you replied , quote,, **Most RG6 cable uses aluminium shielding
and copper plated steel centre conductors. unquote.
So do not move the goal posts to suit your arguement

**I'm not. Most RG6 uses Aluminium sheilding and copper plated steel centre
conductors. No significant copper at all. OTOH, cheap, fexible, easy to
sodler and use audio coax DOES use lots of copper.

As for soldering, consider low heat Silver solder, but if your using
the
correct RCA plug's there is no problem .

**There are BIG problems soldering aluminium.

Good quality RG 6 is not Aluminium, but as you insist you make your
point,, the stuff can be crimped , with good results.

**I use good quality quad sheild coax. It uses lots of aluminium. Copper
would be a complete waste of time and money. The centre conductor is copper
plated, which is all that is required.

If your using copper coated RG 6, it's very low grade cheap ****,
consider the good quality triple shealded stuff from WES.

**I use the highest grade quad sheald (sic), but that is not the point.
It
is much easier for the average person to use copper, rather than
steel/aluminium. I use audio cable for audio and RF cable for RF. Seems
logical to me.

And your point is,, your the one who maintains that RG 6 is copper
coated over steel which is rubbish,, quote,, **Most RG6 cable uses
aluminium shielding and copper plated steel centre conductors.

**Correct. Most RG6 is so constructed.

goes of the scrape the copper coating of 2000 meters of RG 6

**I have no idea what the Hell you are talking about. As usual, you are
making a simple job far more complex than it needs to be. Decent quality
audio grade cable (copper centre conductor/copper sheald (sic) is not
expensive and it is far easier to use than RG6.

No ,,

**Yes. You were the one who insists that using crimp conectors and RG6 cable
is sensible for audio, when perfectly adequate audio cable already exists.
And at low cost. Better still, it is easier to use than RG6.

I'm simply correcting your assumption of what you think RG 6 is,

**I know exactly what RG6 is and you are not just correcting me. You stated
that RG6 makes sense for audio, whilst ignoring the fact that perfectly
adequate audio cables exist and are much easier to use.

the original poster was not talking about inturnal wiring,

**I said nothing about internal wiring. We are discussing external
connections.

but
interconnects, you have no bloody idea , what your on about, and attempt
to move the goal posts to correct your inaccurate assumption of what you
consider to be correct..

**Go read the posts again. You don't have a clue.

--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au