Posted to rec.audio.car
[email protected] rbarrioss@msn.com is offline

Default Ford/Sony CD6000 cd changer wiring

Hi all,

I'm troubleshooting a spindle motor problem in a Ford/Sony CD6000
(6cd changer) from a 2005 Ford Focus C-Max. The problem is that,
sometimes, the CD wonīt start spinning (with a little help, it starts
and keeps going OK everytime).

Now, my problem is that I can't make the radio work on the bench, out
of the car. I ground it and put 12V on pin15 in the Quadlock connector
(Batt+ input) lbut the radio does not turn on. It does work OK when
connected to the car's connector. When I connect it on the bench, I
can see pulses of about 500mA current consumptionin the 12V line, but
the radio does not turn on. If is press the center volume button, the
radio turns on very, very briefly and then shuts itself down.

Now the question is, do you know if there are radios that try to talk
with the car and refuse to run if they donīt find response on the CAN
bus? It is the only reason I can think of the radio working OK in the
car but no working just with the 12V supply.

Any ideas?

Best regards and thank you very much,
Roberto