Posted to rec.audio.car
[email protected] beatboxmasacur06@yahoo.com is offline

Default :::sigh:::

ok so i just found out that the 6.5s i got installed where installed
poorly, they halfassed it. the speaker is to deep for the door and so
they didn't mount them flush they have gaps! when i mount them flush
its hit by the window!! man! what should i do i paid them 60 for
install! and 250 for the speakers. they insured me that it would fit.

Posted to rec.audio.car
John Durbin John Durbin is offline

they need to redo the job with spacers so you get a decent seal and no
window contact. Might throw a few extra bucks their way for adding a
sound-deadening treatment, if you didn't have that done with the
original speaker install. That way they get a few bucks to take away the
sting of eating the labor, and you get a better sounding install.

If they refuse to fix the crap job, offering to post closeup pics of the
"professional" install with the shop's name included may provide some
leverage. Not too many shops out there so busy right now they can afford
to alienate any potential customers. But give them a chance to do the
right thing before you start dropping threats...

JD

wrote:
ok so i just found out that the 6.5s i got installed where installed
poorly, they halfassed it. the speaker is to deep for the door and so
they didn't mount them flush they have gaps! when i mount them flush
its hit by the window!! man! what should i do i paid them 60 for
install! and 250 for the speakers. they insured me that it would fit.

Posted to rec.audio.car
Matt Ion Matt Ion is offline

If the installers have a problem with it, I'd take it up with the salesman that
told you the speakers would fit. They have THICK books that list which speakers
will fit which cars; they should have known full well if those speakers were too
deep for your doors, and more likely wanted to sell you something they could get
a higher commission on.

When I was installing professionally, if we had a situation like that, we'd go
back to the salesman and point out the problem, and usually they'd go back to
the customer to help him decide on a different set of speakers. If the customer
REALLY wanted those speakers, we'd usually explain the possible drawbacks, or
the extra cost required to mount them "properly" (which in some cases required
customized door pods)... more often than not they'd settle for different
speakers that would fit properly, but either way, we wanted to make sure they
understood the issues so they wouldn't come back later complaining about it.

From the sound of it, you were mostly let down by the installers, but the
saleman wasn't entirely on the ball either.