Tyrone Jackson

Default Easy one - Older Sony ES-R10 Cassette player pinout needed

I've just acquired for $5 an old indash 2 shaft style Sony ES-R10 AM/FM
cassette player for my 1974 Ford F-100 pickup. I wanted this style so I
did not have to cut the shared structural supports for the heater and
fan controls located directly above the stereo. This Sony has a 2 row 9
pin plug plugged into the back of the unit. This unit has no preouts.
I'm curious if anyone can tell me what the wires in the harness in the
back go to. It has the following colored wires going into the 2 row 9
pin plug starting with the upper row, left to right, then lower row,
left to right (numbers 1 through 9 will indicate pins):
__________________________________
| 1 2 3 4 |
| blue brown red gray |
| |
| 5 6 7 8 9 |
|yellow red black black white |
|_________________________________|

It would be easy to figure out except for the fact that there are 2
black wires and 2 red wires? I guess it does not matter which black I
use for speaker ground or unit ground, what has me stumped are the two
red wires, I'm assuming that one of them is for power and the other is
for a speaker +. The problem is obviously, which one is for power?

Thanks for your help,
Ty

Posted to rec.audio.car
tr6lover tr6lover is offline

TY

Do you still have that old Sony es-r10 stereo? I am looking for one for
parts, please email me at if you want to sell it.

Thanks!

Paul

--
tr6lover