Bob Cain

Default Edirol UA-1A with minidisc?

Reg wrote:

I need a way to get home-made recordings of myself (I'm a classical
musician) from my minidisc to my iBook (one of the originals that only
has a USB port). Has anyone tried the UA-1A when getting sound from a
minidisc? I hear there's a problem with clipping, would this occur
when using a minidisc as well? If so, what should I use (keeping in
mind I'm on a budget and it has to be portable)?

Tascam US-122. $200.

Bob

simpler."

A. Einstein
George W.

On Mon, 14 Jul 2003 14:30:42 -0700, Bob Cain wrote:

Reg wrote:

I need a way to get home-made recordings of myself (I'm a classical
musician) from my minidisc to my iBook (one of the originals that only
has a USB port). Has anyone tried the UA-1A when getting sound from a
minidisc? I hear there's a problem with clipping, would this occur
when using a minidisc as well? If so, what should I use (keeping in
mind I'm on a budget and it has to be portable)?

Tascam US-122. $200.

Bob

Ever tried the $35 iMic USB interface from Griffin?

http://www.griffintechnology.com/products/imic/